Embarking on a fitness journey or taking your cycling game to the next level requires determination, zest, and time investment. When cycling, You have to be prepared for what may come and to emerge victorious in the face of calamities like sore muscles, injuries, bad weather, and roads. As safe as you want to play it, you will have to take risks like cycling further each day, taking roads that are less traveled, and testing your limits. You are your biggest competition and biggest cheerleader.
To be at the best of your game, try riding a 450 lb capacity bike with perfect cycling gear, and apparel. It’s an investment that will help you counter the seasonal changes, make your way on trekking roads and keep you safe.
Why use cycling-specific clothing?
Cycling is a tough game if you do not have the right equipment. Just as the wrong bike will slow you down, wrong cycling apparel will decrease your efficiency by bringing in issues like excessive sweat retention, restricted movements, and seat chafing.
Therefore, to keep your mind focused on cycling and the road ahead, you may want to invest in bike wear and cycling supplies that supplement your needs.
- Fit, comfort, and movement: a bicycling outfit that fits well says that it does not obstruct your movement while keeping everything covered. A high-quality cycling clothing would be the one that stretches with your body and denies any skin exposure.
- The jerseys and jackets made specifically for cycling are longer on the backside to cover up when you bend over your cycle but are comfortable still.
- The cycling tights have a high-rise waistband and allow complete movement of legs for paddling as fast as possible.
- Sweat handling: while cotton allows your skin to breathe in summers, but during sports activities, you sweat profusely, and cotton is your enemy. It absorbs sweat and stores it within the weave of the cloth, and makes it heavy. Best cycling apparel is made from wicking materials that are aerodynamic and are responsible for moving the water away from the body, allowing evaporation of the sweat to keep you light and your skin breathing.
- Padding and efficiency: padding adds an extra layer against your skin to prevent shock and skin rashing or chafe.
- Cycling shorts are padded to absorb road shocks while riding and prevent chafing due to continuous friction between the seat and your back.
- Cycling gloves are padded to provide friction so that a firm hold is maintained. It also acts as a vibration-resistant to absorb vibrations from the handlebars. The gloves are also provided with a water-absorbent at the topside to wipe off forehead and nose sweat.
5 things to remember before buying your bike supplies:
1. Know what you want and need:
Remember to differentiate between your wants and needs. It’s your need to possess a good quality helmet that protects your head without making you sweat and heavy. But going luxurious and buying a double shell, antitheft, pro design complete with a reflective strap is an extravagant expense and not advisable if you are not a professional cycling athlete.
2. Quality of the product:
Remember, cycling exercise takes care of your health, but cycling gear must take care of your body. The gloves, the jerseys, jackets, shorts, tights, even the socks you use for your cycling routine must each be a quality product that sustains the test of time and use. Check for the quality tag/clothing tag on the sports gear to know what it is made from. That will give you the idea of the nature of the clothing if it is aerodynamic to suit the purpose and made from the right material like nylon, polyester, lycra, spandex.
3. Comfort level
A high maintenance clothing gear must not compromise on your comfort. The premium cycling apparel you use must be wear-n-tear-proofed. It must withstand weather, cycling road shocks, and minor changes in your body. The cycling shorts must be comfortably stretchable to adhere to your paddling movements and moisture-proof to keep you dry on the inside.
4. Fit for you and your budget
Trusted brands have higher prices, and affordable products don’t have the same brand quality. But some brands will provide quality with an affordable range of products. Athlos provides high-quality cycling apparel to gear you up without burning a hole in your pocket. Head over to this brand page, Athlos Sports, to choose from the wide variety of clothing and supplies for your cycling trips and sports.
5. Is the product seasonal or all year round?
Some research will tell you how workout gear changes for every season: warm cycling clothes (full-length tights) for cold weather but light and airy to cause no heat or discomfort when all worked up during cycling; Shorts for summer but rightly padded that don’t rise on legs during cycling. Carefully designed clothing apparel will serve you right throughout the year and will be hard to let go of.
What are the essentials for you to buy and stick to?
- Cycling helmet: a sturdy headgear to enable airflow for the sweat to evaporate out of the head cap.
- Gloves: for steady grip and avoid slipping off the handlebars.
- Jersey: made out of moisture-wicking fabric to remove the wetness from the skin and enable transfer evaporation.
- Padding/chamois pads: the padding in your saddle is not enough; you need a pair of shorts with padding or buy them separately for varying density and thickness that is suitable to absorb shocks for your bum.
- Shorts: cycling shorts are a must for easy movement, comfort, and fast ride.
- Shoes/overshoes: waterproof pair of shoes for those along with the ride splashes and puddle water stains.
Your grit and determination to win your goals with your bicycle will be aided by the equipment, apparel, and cycling outfits. Choosing the right brand is just as important for you to maintain your spirit to pursue your fitness goals. Know that your clothes should be flexible, for you to reach higher each day.