If you’re a Nigerian looking to get a visa for the European country Luxembourg, you are in luck. Because Luxembourg has one of the lowest visa rejection rates of any country—1.3% as of 2021—making it one of the easiest countries to obtain a visa for.
The visa application for Luxembourg includes simple details. You must fill out a Schengen application form and provide certain documents upon request.
You can apply for the visa by filling out the application form and providing valid documents. Once the visa application is accepted, you will be contacted, and you can collect your visa from the application center.
The application can be completed either online or through the application center. If you need more technical skills, going to the application center is best.
These procedures might sound long and exhausting, but I will ensure you get the best guidance as you progress further in the article.
Related: Iceland Visa For Africans | How to Apply and Requirements
Different Types of Luxembourg Visas
Different visas are granted to tourists. The most common ones are listed below:
- The Luxembourg Tourist visa requires specific details about your stay’s purpose. It grants you a stay for 90 days in the country.
- The Visit visa for Luxembourg can be acquired if you plan to meet friends or family.
- The Business visa allows you to conduct your financial activities in the country. If you are willing to buy products for your business, you must apply for a Commercial visa instead.
Pre-requisites for Luxembourg Visa for Nigerians
Before applying for the visa, you must have all the listed documents. Make sure you possess copies of these documents.
- An International passport with at least two blank pages and at least six months of validity remaining from the expected arrival date in Luxembourg. Keep a copy of the first page, which contains your information.
- Two passport-sized photographs with a white background. These photographs are going to be attached to your application.
- A filled Schengen visa application form. Ensure you include all your details honestly and provide your correct contact information.
- Proof of financial stability. This includes your bank statements and other property ownership documents. Also, keep your letter of employment in hand.
- Proof of legal residence in Nigeria.
- A letter stating the reason for your visit to Luxembourg.
- Proof of valid return ticket to your country.
- Proof of means of transport.
- Travel, health, and accident insurance.
- Hotel reservation voucher
- Parents’ or guardians’ authority if you are an underage tourist.
If you are a business owner, you will also need to provide the following:
- Certificate of Registration
- Tax forms
If your company is sending you on a business trip, you will need to provide the following:
- Company’s certificate of Incorporation
- Last year’s company bank statements
- Company’s certificate of registration
If you have a sponsor, you need to provide the following:
- Your sponsor’s recent bank statements
- Your sponsor’s Recent tax forms
- If you live with someone in Luxembourg, you must provide front and back copies of their identification cards.
- If traveling with your family, you must provide your marriage and birth certificates.
Related: Mauritius Visa For Nigerians 2023 | Requirements
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Apply for Luxembourg Visa From Nigeria?
You can complete your visa application by following the below-mentioned steps. Make sure you have all the required documents beforehand.
1. Acquire a letter of Invitation
First, you must request a letter of invitation from the place where you will be staying. If you’re staying at a hotel, you need the reservation documents. If you’re staying with a relative or a friend, you need their confirmation letter of them letting you stay.
This is required as a security measure to ensure that there is a contact in Luxemburg that will accompany your stay.
2. Fill out the Visa Application Form
After you have the invitation letter, you can proceed with the rest of the procedure. Register as a new user, and go to the ‘Visa on Web’ website (https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be).
Now log in to your account and fill in the requested data.
If you are unwilling to apply online, you can always go to the visa application center and submit your application there. However, this might cost you more time and effort than the online application.
3. Get an Appointment
Once your form is submitted, you must make an appointment with the embassy or consulate. It is generally free and can be done by yourself.
Once you book an appointment, you will be contacted via email or phone for confirmation. Don’t forget to take a copy of the proof of work.
On the day of the appointment, ensure you are on time and have the confirmation letter and all your documents. Otherwise, you might need to make a new appointment.
At your appointment, some standard procedures will be applied, and you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your application and your documents, including your passport
- Your biometric data
- The fees for visa and service
You can track your application at any time through your account.
At your appointment, you will also be asked questions regarding your trip to Luxembourg, like,
- Have you ever been to Europe before?
- How much do you earn?
- Are you planning on working in Luxembourg?
- What is your return date to Nigeria?
Just answer all these questions honestly to prevent yourself from jeopardizing your application. Your application would then be sent to the Belgian Embassy for approval.
4. Collection of Visa
The application for a visa is generally responded to within ten days.
Once the embassy has made its decision, it will return your passport. The visa will be attached to your passport if your visa application is accepted. Otherwise, if it is rejected, it will be mentioned why.
You will be prompted via text or email when your passport has arrived. It can be acquired in person, or a representative can collect it and mail it to your address with extra charges.
For the visa application, you have to pay visa and service fees. This fee is non-refundable.
- Short-term visa: EUR 80
- Long-term visa: EUR 180
- Children (6-12 years): EUR 40
Reasons For Rejection Of Visa
Following are some of the reasons that could hold you back from getting your visa:
- Insufficient proof of funds. Or your travel insurance does not meet the minimum criteria. It must have a minimum cover of 30,000 Euros.
- The embassy investigates and finds out that you are unlikely to return to Nigeria. You are applying for a 90-day trip and cannot stay there any longer. It is best to be clear about all details in your interview.
- False or unreliable documents.
The rejection of visas could be due to various reasons. If you find that your application has been rejected, don’t panic. You can understand what went wrong and fix that problem the next time you apply.
How To Get a Job in Luxembourg From Nigeria?
When applying for jobs in Luxembourg, ensuring you have the correct documents and qualifications is the most important thing. You should ensure your resume is up-to-date, highlighting your relevant experience and skills.
You must also research the job market in Luxembourg and create an effective cover letter tailored specifically to that country. Additionally, networking is vital, so use social media or attend local events to build relationships with potential employers.
Is it Easy To Get a Visa for Luxembourg from Nigeria?
Unfortunately, no. The only way to get a visa for Luxembourg from Nigeria is through employer sponsorship or family sponsorship. You must apply for a residency permit before coming to Luxembourg, requiring specific documents such as proof of employment, income, medical certificates, criminal record checks, etc.
The approval process can take several months, so make sure you plan if this option is on the table for you.
Can I Get a Visa on Arrival for Luxembourg From Nigeria?
Unfortunately, visa-on-arrival options exist for people traveling from Nigeria to Luxembourg. As mentioned above, the only way to get a visa for Luxembourg from Nigeria is through employer sponsorship or family sponsorship. So make sure you apply early enough if this route is your plan.
Related: Belarus Visa For Nigerians
What is the Luxembourg Schengen Visa for Citizens of Nigeria?
Nigerian citizens looking to travel to Luxembourg can apply for a Luxembourg Schengen Visa. This visa allows entry and a short stays in Luxembourg and other countries that are members of the Schengen area.
The primary purpose of this visa is to allow the holder to join family members, participate in business activities or visit attractions while in the country. Adhering strictly to the regulations in applying for such a visa is essential. Some include providing all the requisite documents and correctly filling out application forms.
To ensure you have everything ready when it comes time for submission, check out our comprehensive list of required documents on our website.