Are you a citizen of Nigeria and planning to visit Belarus? You may be curious about the visa requirements and application process if this is the case. Belarus is a lovely and distinctive Eastern European nation that offers guests modern and traditional experiences.
This article will provide an in-depth guide to obtaining a Belarus visa as a Nigerian citizen, including the required documents, application process, and visa fees.
If you want a way to get a Belarus visa, stick around till the end, and I’ll walk you perfectly through it. So, without further ado, let us get right into it.
Types of Belarus Visas
Depending on how many visa entries there are, there are three categories:
- Single-entry visa: This allows you a stay of at most 90 days. You can land, stay, and depart with this visa only once in Belarus.
- Double-entry visa: Same policy as the single-entry visa, except you, can visit the country twice with this visa.
- Multiple-entry visa: Allows the holder to visit Belarus more than twice and can stay up to 90 days per year.
Belarus allows you to enter the country on different types of visas. The various permits that can be obtained for entering the nation are listed below:
- The Transit visa can be single or multiple entries, and each stay can last up to 2 days.
- The Short-term visa is a 90-day visa. It can be availed for business, tourism, study, employment, religious purposes, etc.
- The Long-term visa is valid for up to 1 year. And allows a 90-day stay at a time, or otherwise, it is confiscated by the authorities.
Required Documents For Belarus Visa For Nigerians
Here is a list of all the documents that are required for your application for the visa:
- Legal travel documents such as a passport. Your passport’s expiration date must be at 6 six months and above after your departure date from Belarus. Make sure there are at least two blank pages in the access.
- Two passport-sized photos. Your face should be visible without glasses or hats and with a transparent background.
- Visa application form. Fill out the visa application form honestly and accurately.
- Medical insurance policy. Must have coverage of at least 10,000 euros.
- Letter of Invitation from where you will be staying. For example, if you are staying at a hotel, you need proof of reservation, or if you are staying with an accomplice, you will need a letter of invitation from them.
- Proof of return to your country or further travel. This is required as it is checked whether you have planned on how to exit the country because you are allowed to stay in the country for only the allotted time.
These documents you must have, regardless of your reason for staying. You also need documents supporting your reason for traveling to the country.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Apply For Belarus Visa From Nigeria?
Here is the complete process you must go through to obtain the visa.
- Determine What Type Of Visa You Need
Determine what sort of visa you require. If you need help finding the ticket you’re looking for in the list above or need one with more specific requirements, contact the Belarusian Embassy in Nigeria or visit the ministry’s official website.
- Visa Application Process
The visa application form can be downloaded from the Belarusian government website or obtained from the Embassy or Consulate of Belarus in Nigeria.
You need to know if you need to schedule an appointment or if you can apply and supporting documents without one. Given that a Belarusian embassy exists in Nigeria, you may need to schedule an appointment.
To avoid surprises, you should ask the representative Belarusian authorities what documents are required for the visa application procedure.
- The Interview Process
After the submission of the application and the documents, you are now required to give an interview. The interview is a standard procedure in which you will be asked simple questions about your intended purpose for traveling to the country.
The interviewer will ask simple questions like:
- Where do you plan on staying during your trip?
- Why are you visiting the country?
- Are you sponsored or self-funded? Etc.
Just keep in mind to be completely honest in your responses. Your responses and your supporting documentation will be compared and looked into. Any minor error made during your interview could result in the cancellation of your visa.
- Visa Deployment
It may take up to 5 days to process your application. Your passport will be sent to the Embassy after the processing of the application.
Your passport will determine whether your application has been accepted or declined. The visa will be attached to your ticket if your application has been approved. Otherwise, if it has been reduced, it will be mentioned why.
Cost of Belarus Visa For Nigerians
The price of a Belarusian visa varies according to the visa’s type and length of stay. The following is a general breakdown of Belarusian visa costs:
- Transit visa:
- Single – €10
- Double – €15
- Group single (per person) – €10
- Group double (per person) – €18
- Multiple-entry – €35
- Short-term visa:
- Single – €25
- Double – €35
- Group single (per person) – €10
- Group double (per person) – €18
- Multiple-entry – €80
- Long-term visa – €80
All visa fees are waived for travelers under the age of 14.
Remember that these costs are only intended as a guide and could change. In addition, there might be extra charges for express processing or other services. Please get in touch with the Belarusian Embassy or Consulate in your country for the most up-to-date and accurate information on visa fees.
If an individual is applying for a business visa or other visa, you must also provide an invitation from a Belarusian company. You must provide an itinerary of your planned activities in Belarus for a tourist visa. It is important to note that the Belarusian government does not issue permits on arrival, so you must apply for your visa well before your planned travel date.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of any country, Belarus, a surcharge for the additional visa fee may apply to some visa applications. These include:
- Processing of urgent visas: If a candidate needs their visa to be processed quickly, there may be an extra charge.
- Applications submitted by nationals of third countries: If the applicant is not a resident of the nation where the application is being offered, there may be an additional fee.
- Applications sent by mail: If a candidate decides to send their visa application by mail, there may be an extra charge to cover the cost of the return postage.
- Other additional services: If candidates need document translation, faxing, or photocopying, they might have to pay extra.
Is Belarus A Member Of Schengen?
Belarus still needs to become a member of Schengen, but there have been some discussions about potentially joining. However, at this time, there are no concrete plans for them to join, so it remains to be seen if/when this could happen.
It should also be noted and approved that even if they eventually join Schengen, this will not affect Nigerian citizens since they still need to apply for a valid visa before visiting, regardless of any changes made within Schengen area countries regarding freedom of movement between them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long before I should submit my application?
Although the average processing time for a visa is less than a week, it is still advised that you apply for a Belarusian visa at least 2-3 weeks before the date you intend to travel.
Processing times, however, might differ based on the visa you need, the Embassy or Consulate where you apply, and the number of applications being handled.
What if I am unable to go to the Embassy?
Suppose you cannot go to the Belarusian Embassy or consulate in person to submit your visa application. You can apply for a visa through a visa processing service or a travel agency.
These services can typically assist with the visa application process, including collecting and submitting the required documents on your behalf.
How Much is Belarus Visa Fee in Nigeria?
The cost of the Belarus visa fee in Nigeria will depend on what type of visa you are applying for. A single-entry tourist visa costs ₦20-25000 est. While a multiple-entry business visa costs around ₦31000. Additionally, there is an additional processing fee for both types of tickets.
Is Nigeria Visa Free to Belarus?
No, unfortunately, Nigeria is not currently visa-free to Belarus. All Nigerian citizens traveling to Belarus must apply for and obtain a valid visa with a fee. They can spread from either the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in Abuja or from a designated travel agency authorized by the Embassy before traveling.
Does Belarus Have Embassy In Nigeria?
Yes, an official embassy in Abuja offers consular services such as passport renewals and visas. The Embassy also provides other services, such as issuing invitation letters and arranging meetings with relevant authorities to facilitate your trip.
What Is The Ticket Price For Nigeria To Belarus?
The price of tickets can vary depending on which airline you choose to fly with and when you plan on traveling. However, flights from Lagos (LOS) to Minsk (MSQ) tend to cost between ₦300K – ₦650,000 one way, depending on the time of year and promotions that may be running at any given time.