The National Communications Director of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Mr. Sammy Gyamfi has stated in a Facebook post that they have fresh evidence against the government amid PDS fraud allegation.
A post sighted by TheNewsGod.com, the NDC communicator indicated his party intercepted a fresh document on the PDS deal which exposes the clandestine efforts of the Akufo-Addo government to appropriate the assets of ECG for themselves. He said:
“*The NDC has just intercepted a fresh document on the PDS deal which exposes the clandestine efforts of the Akufo-Addo government to appropriate the assets of ECG for themselves.*
*The intercepted letter shows that the Akufo-Addo Government has been secretly restructuring the shareholding of PDS on the blind side of Ghanaians in furtherance of their state-capture agenda.*
*According to this letter, Meralco has off loaded its 30% shares to an unknown company, Meridian Power Ventures Limited which was only incorporated in Hong Kong in June 2018 without recourse to Parliament.*
The question is:
• Who varied the original PDS shareholding as approved by Parliament without recourse to Parliament?
• Who are the persons behind this new company Meridian Power Ventures?
• how were they selected and by whom?
• what is their financial and technical capacity and on what basis were they selected?
• why the deafening silence of government on the FTI report and their own investigative findings?
PDS brouhaha started when the information minister disclosed to Joynews that there were some concerns in the deal which demands redress. Meanwhile, ECG has been asked by the government to resume its role as power distributors.
A full-scale investigation into government’s allegations of fraud was enacted two months ago, the Minister of Energy, John Peter Amewu hinting of possible prosecutions.