Real Madrid’s coach Carlo Ancelotti will travel to London this morning to coach his side when they face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge tonight after testing negative for COVID-19.
The 64-year-old Italian missed the Real Madrid trip to Celta Vigo last Saturday. His Son and assistant coach Davide managed the Team as they beat Celta Vigo in La Liga thanks to two penalty goals by Benzema.
Real Madrid confirmed in a club statement last week Wednesday that Carlo Ancelotti has tested positive for COVID-19 and will be self-isolating in the house. There were reports yesterday that the Italian might miss Real Madrid’s super encounter with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge tonight after returning another positive PCR test on Tuesday.
However, Real Madrid has released a short statement this morning that Carlo Ancelotti Will be traveling to London to meet with his Squad after testing negative in a PCR test.
What did Real Madrid say?
Real Madrid C.F. is pleased to announce that our coach Carlo Ancelotti has returned a negative result for COVID-19, and will therefore travel to London this morning to join up with the first team.
What Thomas Tuchel said about Carlo Ancelotti missing the game
Thomas Tuchel said he is hoping the Italian get well and be at the sidelines tonight.
‘I hope he still makes it,’ added the German. ‘I have the information that he will try to arrive tomorrow in the evening. I hope he makes it.
‘He’s a big couch, a big personality and it would be nice to have him on the sideline for this kind of game.’
Thomas Tuchel vs Carlo Ancelotti: Head to Head Record
|Thomas Tuchel||Head-to-head||Carlo Ancelotti|