The answer is simple – your preferences. It’s surprising how people still struggle with choosing the best type of mattress in an era where there are plenty of choices to choose from. The mattress plays a key role in how you get to spend your nights. After spending a long day at work, it pays off for you to invest in a quality king mattress that will offer you comfort and support.
Before we list some of the things that make a good mattress, it is important that we touch on the importance of shopping for a mattress online. In the past, one had to visit an actual store for them to get a feel of which mattress suits them the most. Back then there was very little information on the types of mattresses that exist and what each can offer you.
Today, the internet is filled with tons of information on the various types of mattresses and the benefits they offer. If you want to get a quality mattress fast and don’t have the time to run from one store to another, visit your favourite mattress vendor website and look through their collection. Find what you like, order it and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Also see: What Filling Is Best For Pillows?
Back to our main agenda, below are recommendations on what makes a good mattress depending on your preferences.
If you prefer:
- A firmer base – Memory foam mattresses are known to give you a firmer base because they provide more pressure relief and feature fewer springs. You can also gauge the level of firmness by looking at the thickness of the foam.
- A bouncy bed – Get yourself a traditional innerspring mattress if you enjoy bouncing on the bed. If you sleep alone, you can get the interconnected coils because these last longer. However, for those with spouses, individual coils are more ideal as they minimize the ripple effect which occurs when one person moves on the other side of the bed.
- To switch things up from time to time – You should get an air-filled mattress. Some people have no sleeping patterns and tend to change their preferences from time to time. Air-filled mattresses were made for you. These allow you to change the amount of air inside to suit your comfort needs. A two-side chamber air mattress is perfect for couples as everyone can customize their side.
- To sleep on your back – Back sleepers can benefit from nearly all types of mattresses. However, a key feature that ought to be included is added support, especially in the middle section.
- To sleep on your stomach – The ideal mattress for such people includes air-filled, innerspring, and firm foam mattresses. What all these have in common is an added level of firmness that will make you feel comfortable sleeping on your stomach. Please keep off enveloping memory foam mattresses if you sleep on your stomach.
- To sleep on your side – Side sleepers are very choosy. This is why they should take their time when shopping for a mattress. The perfect mattress for a person who sleeps on their sides should be able to conform to your shape and support your body weight. Innerspring mattresses can provide you with the above. Another type of mattress side sleepers should consider are soft foam mattresses. These offer various pressure relief points which add more comfort to side sleepers.
- A mattress that molds to your body form – Memory foam mattresses are perfect for individuals with back pain. They mold into the form of your body and support your weight.
Various mattress types each have their pros and cons. Before settling on a certain type, you must evaluate all your preferences. And don’t forget about your partner’s preferences. There are times when you may not share the same mattress needs with your spouse, and investing in an air-filled mattress, memory foam or innerspring mattress with pocketed coils can be ideal. You should also be on the lookout for mattresses that have motion isolation features, antimicrobial and cooling properties. These are all factors that ensure you get a peaceful night’s sleep.