Nowadays, several organizations are protecting their information as it is their important asset. Information security is the process of preventing unauthorized use, access, disruption, disclosure, inspection, modification, recording, or destruction of information. Here information comes in many forms, such as physical and electronic. An information security auditor is a professional who works for the safety and effectiveness of computer systems and their security components. His main job is concerned with checking the computer system that may be old or out of date and could be at risk of a cyber-attack.
The role of information security auditors is becoming more important nowadays because the digital world is going through cyber breaches, threats, and attacks. These auditors conduct a security audit and prepare a detailed report to outline the effectiveness of the system. They explain security issues and suggest changes and improvements that are beneficial for the organization’s security. If upgrades are suggested, it is part of the auditor’s job to provide a cost-benefit analysis so as to show how the upgrade will be of value. They also test policies put forward by a company in order to determine the risks related to them. As cybersecurity threats continue to escalate and information security systems become more complicated, the role of information security auditors will continue to grow in demand.
So this article will tell you more about Information security-based CISA certification and why people take CISA training to take their career ahead.
What Is CISA Certification?
“In a world full of auditors, be a CISA.”
CISA stands for Certified Information System Auditor certification. It is world-renowned as the standard of achievement for those who audit, monitor, control, and access an organization’s information technology and business systems. It is specially designed to validate candidate’s knowledge in IS auditing and move up in the career path. This certification course helps you gain expertise in the development, acquisition, testing, and implementation of information systems (IS) and learn the standards, guidelines, and best practices of protecting them. It also helps enhance understanding of the information system audit process to adequately protect it.
CISA refers to a designation issued by the Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA). It is a global standard for professionals who have a career in information systems, auditing, control, and security. CISA professionals can showcase their knowledge, technical skills, and proficiency to the employers, that they can meet the dynamic challenges facing modern organizations.
Skills Covered By CISA Certification
It covers security topics and skills such as:
- Assurance guidelines and Information System Audit
- Vulnerability assessment and identification
- Information Systems operations maintenance and service management
- Information asset protection
- Information Systems acquisition development and implementation
- Government and IT management
- Auditing Information System
CISA Course Curriculum
Eligibility- This CISA certification course is beneficial for IS/IT auditors, chief compliance officers, IT compliance managers, security heads, chief privacy and risk officer, and security managers. They can take this course for the betterment of their career graph. CISA candidates must pass a comprehensive exam and satisfy industry work experience requirements.
Pre-requisites- To achieve the CISA certification, it is required to submit a completed application within Five years from the date of passing the CISA exams. The experience listed must be verified by employers with this experience having been gained within the ten-year period prior to the date of application or within five years of passing the CISA. They must take 20 hours of training per year to keep their designation.
Responsibilities of a Certified Information Systems Auditor
Some basic duties of a CISA are:
- Creating and implementing an audit strategy for an information system(IS) that is based on risk management.
- Executing the audits that comply with the organization’s objective and standards.
- Planning audits that are useful in identifying whether IT assets are secured/protected, valued, and managed.
- Share audit results and provide recommendations to managers based on the results.
- Performing reexaminations of the audits to make sure that their recommended actions have been acted upon by management.
Benefits of Achieving a CISA Certification
As we know, the IT field continues to grow, and so does the demand for skilled professionals who can analyze and protect information system assets. It is a well-established certification in the field of IT auditing and opens a variety of doors in the field. So here are a few reasons to earn your CISA Certification.
- The Certification is Globally Recognized- This certification marks you as a competent professional on a global scale. It surely helps you create career opportunities and allow you to seamlessly switch to both industry and public companies worldwide. CISA certification proves you’re up for the task to think and act on a global scale as our economy becomes more globalized.
- Varied Growth Opportunities- There are no signs of slowing down for the information systems and technology sector; new applications and software are being developed every day. Hence, the field of IT auditing is also growing. Achieving CISA certification will prepare you to move forward to a senior or managerial position in the future.
- High Salary- This certification commands a high-salary than others in the field of auditing. IT auditor job roles are among the top 10 positions for the year 2020, with the average starting salary from almost $74,250 to $103,500. Their salary is depending on their experience and company size. On the other side, IT auditors in managerial posts had a salary of around $112,250 to $171,500. So it allows you to potentially command a greater salary.
- Bright Niche Market looking For Experts- As the IT field is continuously growing, so is the demand for proficient IT auditors who can analyze, protect information system assets. IT security market proves a bright niche market that always seeks skilled and expert professionals (IT Auditors).
- Be at the Top of an Evolving Business World- If someone wants variety and to be at the forefront of new technology, then IT auditing is the perfect profession for them, as information systems are one of the most dynamic parts of the evolving business world.
Achieving CISA certification will prove your potential that you are serious about working as an IT auditor. It shows your dedication towards a career in the IT information industry. So start preparing from today to gain your CISA certification and find your niche.