Apps can help you keep your car in good working order and might reduce the time spent looking for a good repair shop. Fixd is an accessory that communicates with a mobile app to deliver diagnostic and maintenance data for your vehicle via its OBD-II connection. In this article, we will look at the features of Fixd, how it works, and some reviews about it.
Fixd is a device that plugs into your car’s OBD-II port and connects to an app on your phone to provide information about your car’s health and maintenance. You can use Fixd to diagnose problems, clear the check engine light, and get reminders for scheduled service. Here are some sources that explain more about Fixd:
Features of Fixd
Some of the features of Fixd are:
1. It can help you diagnose your car’s problems and understand their meaning in simple terms. This can save you time and money from unnecessary repairs or mechanical visits. You can also clear the check engine light after the problem is resolved.
2. It can work with multiple cars and sensors, so you can monitor the health of all your vehicles from one app. You can also share your car’s data with your family or friends.
3. It can remind you when your car needs regular maintenance, such as oil changes, tire rotations, and brake inspections. This can help you keep your vehicle in shape and prevent future issues.
4. It is affordable, easy to use, and compatible with Android and iOS devices. You must plug the sensor into your car’s OBD-II port and connect it to the app via Bluetooth.
Common problems that Fixd can detect
Some of the common problems that Fixd can detect are:
- Check engine light issues include a faulty oxygen sensor, a bad catalytic converter, a loose gas cap, or a misfiring engine.
- Problems with the engine oil temperature include overheating, low oil pressure, or oil leaks.
- Malfunctions with the transmission include slipping gears, fluid leaks, or solenoid failures.
- Issues with the battery, such as low voltage, corrosion, or alternator problems.
- The fuel system can experience issues such as a clogged fuel filter, dirty fuel injector, or failing fuel pump.
- Fixd can also tell you the severity and consequences of each problem and estimate the repair cost.
However, Fixd cannot diagnose other dash light indicators, such as ABS, TPMS, airbags, or maintenance lights. I also does not work with diesel or all-electric cars.
Pros and cons
Fixd is a device that can help you monitor your car’s health and maintenance. It can diagnose problems, clear the check engine light, and remind you of scheduled service. However, like any product, it has its pros and cons. Here are some of them:
- It is affordable, easy to use, and compatible with most cars made in 1996 or later.
- Fixd can work with multiple cars and sensors so that you can keep track of all your vehicles from one app. You can also share your car’s data with your family or friends.
- It can detect up to 6,800 possible causes for a check engine light and provide a simple explanation, a severity rating, and an estimated repair cost.
- Once the problem has been fixed, Fixd can turn off the check engine light.
- Fixd can alert you when your car needs regular maintenance, such as brake inspections, oil changes, and tire rotations.
- Fixd does not work with diesel or all-electric cars.
- It does not diagnose other dash light indicators, such as ABS, TPMS, airbags, or maintenance lights.
- Fixd may not detect some problems unrelated to the check engine light, such as a faulty air conditioner or a worn-out brake pad.
- It may have connection issues or data loss due to network errors or Bluetooth interference.
- Fixd may sometimes be inaccurate or unreliable, depending on the quality of the sensor, the app, and the car’s computer system.
Reviews of Fixd
Here are some general reviews of Fixd from different sources:
- Tom’s Guide praised Fixd, stating it’s a straightforward tool for figuring out anything from when you should change your oil to the cause of your car’s recently illuminated check engine light. They also found value in Fixd’s issue description and potential outcomes and its compatibility with various vehicles and sensors. It cannot diagnose other dashboard light indications and does not function with diesel or all-electric cars.
- PCMag also gave Fixd a favorable review, praising its affordability, ease of use, and handy maintenance reminders. It can detect up to 6,800 possible causes for a check engine light and turn it off the next day after the issue is resolved, which users appreciate. They encountered some occasional network connection errors, though, and reiterated that it does not work with diesel or all-electric cars.
- Trustpilot gave Fixd a mixed review based on 531 customer ratings. It has an average rating of 3.8 stars out of 5. Only 5% of customers gave it an excellent or outstanding rating, while 24% gave it a bad or poor rating. The positive reviews praised the device for its accuracy, convenience, and customer service. The negative reviews complained about Fixd not working with their cars, not detecting any problems, or having technical issues.
What is FIXD?
It is a car health monitoring system that uses a small sensor plugged into your car’s OBD-II port to scan for trouble codes and provide you with information about your car’s health. The sensor sends the data to the app on your smartphone, where you can view it and get insights into your car’s performance.
What vehicles does FIXD work with?
It works with all gas-powered cars and trucks built after 1996 and diesels built after 2008.
How does FIXD work?
The sensor plugs into your car’s OBD-II port, a standard port under the dashboard. The sensor then scans for trouble codes and sends the data to the FIXD app on your smartphone. The app will display the trouble codes and provide information about the problem.
What information does FIXD provide?
It can provide information about your car’s check engine light, other trouble codes, emissions, fuel efficiency, and maintenance needs. It can also tell you how many miles you have until your following oil change, tire rotation, and other maintenance services.
How much does FIXD cost?
The FIXD sensor costs $99.99. The FIXD app is free to download and use. There is also a premium subscription option that costs $69/year. The premium subscription offers VIP support from FIXD mechanics, more detailed information about your car’s health, and maintenance reminders.
Is FIXD worth it?
Whether or not FIXD is worth it depends on your individual needs. If you are concerned about the health of your car and want to be able to track its performance, then it can be a valuable tool. However, if you are not concerned about your car’s health or do not want to pay for a subscription, then FIXD may not be worth it.