If you are a fan of cannabis, here’s some good news for you. There’s a new cannabinoid in the town that is giving you the best of both worlds – CBD and marijuana. Mildly potent and psychoactive but no extreme paranoia or sedation. Yes, you got it. We are talking about Delta 8 THC!
Although Delta 8 carts have recently come in existence, they are already one of the most sought-after products. This blog will walk you through why everyone is talking about Delta 8 THC and you should too!
Delta 8 Tetrahydrocannabinol or Delta 8 THC is one of the many cannabinoids found in the cannabis and hemp plant in trace amounts. It has a molecular structure that is very similar to Delta 9 THC or just THC, the plant’s psychoactive ingredient, although it is far less potent. Its potency has been measured at around 50–70% of the strength of delta 9 THC. The term “delta” refers to the compound’s double bond in its molecular structure and its placement on the carbon atom chain is the only difference between Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC (as their names suggest, Delta-8 has a double bond on the 8th carbon chain, while Delta-9 has a double bond on the 9th carbon chain). While this may seem trivial, it can produce different effects.
Talking about effects, yes Delta 8 will get you high but only milder. Some Delta 8 users feel relaxed and calm, while others report experiencing an energetic and creative vibe. However, everyone agrees that Delta 8 is much more manageable and less intense than Delta 9 THC or THC. THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is the psychoactive compound majorly found in marijuana and is responsible for the intoxicating effects associated with weed. However, there’s more to Delta 8 than a pleasurable high. Here are its top potential benefits:
- Antiemetic: Preliminary studies have shown that Delta 8 has Antiemetic properties, which may help to reduce nausea and vomiting.
- Effective Sleep Aid: Delta 8 helps to calm your mind and relax your muscle helping you prepare for bedtime. If you are having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, Delta 8 may provide you with the peaceful goodnight sleep you need.
- Relaxing Effects: According to users online, Delta 8 vape pens “leads to a more mellow high that enhances focus.” In addition, it produces mild uplifting effects that help you feel happy and relaxed at the same time.
- Appetite Enhancer: Delta 8 works better at appetite stimulation and the regulation of nutrient absorption than THC. The best part is that. With Delta 8, you can stimulate hunger at smaller doses.
- Ache Relief: Delta 8 can help you deal with chronic aches and discomfort. In addition, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it may help you ease joint aches or soreness.
- Smoother Hits: Many recreational vapers hardly use CBD because it does not get them high. On the other hand, THC can have some extreme side effects like paranoia at high doses. With Delta 8 vape pens, you can enjoy a mild high while staying energized and focused.
So, how does Delta 8 affect our body?
Our body has its own set of cannabinoids (cell-signaling receptors namely CB1 and CB2) that help regulate our bodily activities, and they work in a system called the Endocannabinoid System. CB1 receptors are located in brain cells and throughout the nervous system, whereas CB2 receptors are found in the brain and throughout the nervous system. As you inhale the vapors, the cannabinoid reaches our lungs and gets readily absorbed into the bloodstream. Once it reached our system, Delta 8 THC interacts with CB1 and CB2 receptors to help regulate various functions such as pain, appetite, mood, sleep, and so on. Like THC, Delta 8 also shows a stronger affinity for CB1 and mobilizes it to produce cognitive effects.
To make the most of your Delta 8 cart, make sure you buy the best product online. As it is relatively new in the market, do your research and learn about the products you are going to use. Look out for the source, third-party lab reports, online reviews from past customers, and other key pointers that may help you understand the purity and the quality of the vape cart. Go for hemp-derived Delta 8 carts as they are federally legal. If you are new to cannabis, start with a low dose and go slow to see how your body reacts to the cannabinoid. With all that said, make sure you enjoy the process and reap all the benefits that it has to offer.
Spokes Digital is one of the best cannabis marketing agencies in US, specialized in innovative digital marketing techniques.