You probably lost those memorable photos or videos in your device yet retrieving them is proving a hard nut to crack. Perhaps you are a photographer or video editor and the client is on your neck. You are stressed and stuck because all your options cannot unlock you from this mess. Well, you are not alone in this fix.
Scores of people accidentally delete important media files almost every day but guess what? Technology has made things seamless. With the right data recovery software, you can seamlessly recover deleted files like never before. In this article, we give you a review of some of the best data recovery software tools in 2023. Let’s get started.
- Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery, formerly referred to as Stellar Phoenix, is one of the most popular and useful data recovery software tools in 2023. This professional data recovery tool allows you to recover deleted files such as photos and critical documents, restore data from formatted, encrypted, or corrupted storage media, and even recover data from unbootable or crashed systems.
Supported System: Mac, Windows
- It allows users to recover data from nearly all storage media including hard drives, SSD, USB drives, CD/DVD, and 4K media drives just to mention but a few.
- With this tool, you can recover data from several data loss scenarios such as missing partitions, deleted files and folders, encrypted drives, and crashed Windows.
- This tool comes with advanced search capabilities. This makes it extremely easy to identify and retrieve specific data.
- The premium packages are expensive compared to other data recovery tools. The free version (Stellar Data Recovery Free) is quite limited.
- Although it offers deep scan options, the process is quite slow and frustrating to its users.
Wondershare Recoverit is undoubtedly a highly-sought data recovery software in 2023. As the name suggests, it is an ultimate professional data recovery tool that helps users retrieve data from all devices or media deemed unrecoverable by other companies. You can do NAS recovery, Linux data recovery, system crash computer recovery, and corrupted video recovery among others. Wondershare Recoverit is an all-in-one recovery software. Users can retrieve over 1000 different file formats from over 500 possible data loss scenarios.
This tool comes with an enhanced photo and video recovery feature that helps you seamlessly recover deleted, lost, or deeply hidden photos and videos while keeping them intact. Wondershare has gone ahead to release the latest version of Wondershare Recoverit V12 with advanced features like time machine data scan & recovery (Mac), video scenario expansion(surveillance recovery), and optimized raw scanning among others.
Supported System: Windows, Mac, Linux
- It can retrieve any file format (over 1000 different formats).
- It supports data retrieval under any loss scenario (over 500 practical circumstances).
- It provides an intuitive and user-friendly interface. Newbies and seasoned users alike can navigate with ease.
- It is continuously improved with cutting-edge features to address modern data recovery needs. This is evident with the updated features of the Wondershare Recoverit V12 version.
- It is affordable and the users get the value for their money. There are separate prices for individuals, businesses, and education.
- You must download and install it on your PC before usage.
- Disk Drill Data Recovery
Disk Drill Data Recovery tool is another great data recovery software worth trying in 2023. This tool allows users to recover deleted files like office documents, media files, and archives with ease and speed. With this tool, you can restore lost data from various storage media like hard disks and USB drives. Disk Drill offers a free limited version and a Pro version for personal and enterprise usage. Users can recover up to 500MB of data for free.
Supported Systems: Windows and Mac
- It supported the retrieval of several file formats.
- With this tool, you recover up to 500MB of data for free. However, this is only available on Windows.
- It can retrieve data lost under several circumstances including deletion and lost partition.
- It provides data protection and backup features.
- Although it supports hundreds of different file formats, it still struggles to retrieve several other useful and modern file formats.
- Its scanning speed is quite average and struggles with large files.
- There is limited support for Linux file systems.
- It supports data recovery under a few data loss conditions.
This is undoubtedly one of the best data recovery software. It is a comprehensive data recovery solution for a variety of file formats. This tool lets you recover lost data across local and network disks. It doesn’t matter whether the data in question was lost through damaged, deleted, or formatted partitions. R-Studio uses raw file recovery to retrieve unknown or heavily damaged file systems.
Supported System: Windows, Linux, Mac
- It provides a free demo version.
- It provides network data recovery capabilities.
- It can reconstruct RAID arrays.
- Users can customize recoverable file types.
- The paid version is pricier.
- The interface is not that user-friendly. It is a bit confusing and newbies might struggle.
- It doesn’t support retrieval of many file formats and data loss scenarios.
Recuva is a simple yet effective data recovery software tool in 2023. It helps you recover deleted files with ease and speed. With this program, you can recover accidentally deleted or lost files on your computer. You can retrieve files from your Windows computer, digital camera card, MP Player, and recycle bin.
Supported Systems: Windows.
- It supports deep scans for files that are hard to find.
- It offers a free version. However, it is limited.
- It provides a preview screen.
- This tool fails to recover many files like its competitors.
- It can only recover files from limited devices.
- Its deep scan features are not as powerful as those of its competitors.
- FonePaw Data Recovery
FonePaw Data Recovery is a powerful data recovery software worth giving a try. This tool allows you to recover data lost through accidental deletion or system crash. With this tool, you can recover over 1000 file formats while preserving the original format. You can retrieve data from your laptop. PC and various drives.
Supported Systems: Windows
- It allows users to recover files lost under different circumstances including virus infection, formatted drives, recycle bins, and raw files.
- It recovers several file formats including photos, video, audio, emails, archives, and documents.
- This tool offers a useful deep quick scan to let you recover lost files conveniently.
- It allows users to preview files before retrieving them.
- It utilizes a lot of system resources and hence slows down the system tremendously.
- It cannot allow users to recover specific folders.
- It is time-consuming to find a specific folder.
- It is extremely difficult to recover big files.
- It is expensive.
AnyRecover is another excellent data recovery software in 2023. This tool lets you restore deleted data from a recycle bin, USB, HDD, SD card, and SSD. With just a simple click, you can recover deleted files like pictures, emails, videos, and documents.
Supported Systems: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS.
- It allows users to retrieve valuable data from several scenarios.
- It provides two scan modes for users to deeply and easily recover lost files.
- The paid version provides dedicated remote support.
- It works across several operating systems.
- The free trial version only allows you to preview retrieved data.
- Preview is only available for certain files.
- The paid version is pricey.
There are several data recovery software tools for 2023 in the market. However, choosing the right data recovery tool can be the difference between your problem and solution. Choose a tool that gives you the desired service within your budget. From this discussion, it is evident that Wondershare Recoverit is the right deal. From pricing to the array of features and capabilities, Wondershare Recover It fits the bill. Download it today and recover virtually any lost file from any device.