You can furnish your home with the best furniture and a well-thought-out layout, but without the right lighting, the atmosphere in your home will be dull.
From task to ambient lighting, we’ll highlight the best lighting trends that’ll keep your home stylish, well-lit, and functional.
Vintage designs are timeless ones that can go with both vintage and modern furniture. The classy design they sport makes them a focal point in any space. These lighting fixtures come with:
- Simple silhouettes
- Wooden and pastel-colored finishes
- Modern vintage-style fixtures come with a cleaner look
- Tinted or milky glass shades
Industrial designs can create a dramatic mood in your home while also lighting it up. They come in a range of materials and designs characterized by:
- Dark-toned steel and wood
- Rustic finishes
- Exposed bulbs
- Metal shades and wire cages
Modern industrial-style lighting uses LED bulbs and sleek metallic designs of varying tones. Choose the lighting carefully so that it matches your décor.
Ceiling lights are an opportunity to create a striking light fixture in any room. They’re great sources of ambient lighting and also serve as focal points in a room with their swanky designs. A company like VONN has quality made fixtures that would sure to give your space that wow factor.
Here are a few inspirations:
- Make a style statement using bold designs
- Use metallic detailing that’ll reflect light and spread it around the room, brightening your home
- Create a modern luxury look using minimalistic pendants
Use a dimmer switch when you need to set a specific mood.
Simple yet practical, cleaner designs are perfect when you need to tone down on the décor or complement a minimalistic design. It involves:
- Minimal lines and little visual clutter
- Decorative crystal bulbs that can be grouped together to boost lighting power
- Simple globe fixtures
Modern adjustable lighting fixtures provide a versatile lighting solution while also improving the aesthetics of your home. You can light for specific tasks like reading or use accent lighting. The latest trends come in varieties like:
- A swing arm lamp
- An adjustable shade
- Adjustable height, including adjustable chandeliers and other ceiling lights
Wall sconces come in all shapes and sizes—from torches to candles fixed on walls. The latest designs come in a variety of styles and colors to match different forms of décor. Current trends involve:
- Minimalistic designs with a focus on specific areas of a room
- A variety of materials, such as glass wall sconces
- Different shapes, such as sculptural sconces
Modern Wall Lights
Wall lights are the perfect wall décor that’ll add a finishing touch to your rooms while also being functional. Modern wall lights come in varieties like:
- Chic bathroom lighting for your vanity mirrors
- Swing arm wall lights
- Outdoor wall lights
Chosen right, these lighting fixtures will add a personalized design to the interior of your home and add warmth to your space. Whether it’s a modern-style chandelier or vintage wall sconces, go for lighting that works with your decor.
Check out this infographic by Claxy for more details.