A total of 19 people, including Bank staff have been picked up in connection with the Daylight robbery that took place in Tema early this week, this is according to a report by Daily Guide.
The Police in Tema engaged two robbers in a shoot out after the robbers attacked two businessmen who had gone to withdraw GHC 123,000 from the Zenith Bank Branch close to the Tema Municipal Assembly.
The Two robbers were killed in the process but the money was not salvaged as people who had gathered scrambled for over GHC 100,000 of the cash.
According to the report, four of the suspects picked up by the Police were seen as part of people who were scrambling for the money which was saved from the gunmen. The four according to the Police will be charged with dishonestly receiving and stealing.
Police say over 100,000 cedis was stolen from the GHC 123,000 banknotes and the police could salvage just 2,500 for the businessmen who said they were using the money to pay for their goods because they deal in frozen foods.
Speaking to Daily Guide in an interview Tema Regional Police Command, ACP Paul Frimpong said “The fact that the suspects involved in the case are dead doesn’t mean the case is over. We are pursuing every lead and have started inviting some people, including officials of the bank”.
“We are following all possible leads in our investigations to establish what happened and how it happened, and we would not leave anything to chance,” he added.
The Ghana Police Service confirmed in a statement that the Police had engaged in a shootout with some armed robber who were engaging in daylight robbery in Tema.
- Very Sad! Sogakope Assembly man shot dead, wife in coma
- 3 months constant flow of water: Akufo-Addo has deceived Ghanaians
- Coronavirus: My friends demand sex before giving me food – Blind orphan cries
- Delhi court seeks report on assault on Nirbhaya convict by April 8, says won’t affect execution
- How to make 200 dollars a day
- COVID-19: Hot meals costing GH₵2m per day – NADMO reveals
- More than 1,000 in US die in a single day from coronavirus