Solar batteries are important players in both residential and solar markets, revolutionizing the way people use energy. Here’s everything you need to know about solar batteries.
Solar batteries are the most important equipment for solar panel setup as it stores the generated electricity in residential solar as well as commercial solar. It is a revolution in a world where people depend on limited fossil fuels to generate electricity. Here we will discuss the solar batteries and which type of solar battery is best:
Why everyone is investing in solar batteries?
It is undeniable fact that solar energy is free and unlimited so it is a smart move to switch to solar. More and more people are installing solar panels set up to cut their electricity bills to almost half of the usual. Your solar panels transform solar energy into electrical energy and then it is stored in Solar batteries. Especially in residential solar, solar batteries are so important to store electricity to run daily use home appliances.
Which is the best type of battery for Solar?
There are not many options for solar batteries as we can choose from only 4 types of batteries which are Lead Acid Batteries, Lithium Batteries, Nickel Cadmium Batteries, and Flow Batteries. But Lithium-ion battery is the one which is best for Solar Power Setup while other batteries have some major cons even Nickel Cadmium batteries are banned in some countries due to their toxic nature.
The development of lithium-ion technology has brought many advantages. Compared to batteries that have been used in the past, lithium-ion batteries are cleaner, have a longer life, recycle better and require much less maintenance. But the benefits don’t stop there. The solar battery market has grown a lot because of its ability to solve the problem of solar energy – the fact that solar energy is not constant (because the sun does not shine at night).
There are many advantages of lithium battery for your solar in comparison to the other types:
- Firstly, a lithium battery is very lightweight and easy to carry. It is useful if you transfer access electricity (generated by your residential solar) to the grid.
- It is long-lasting and can keep up more than 2000 of charge and discharge cycle.
- The maintenance of the lithium-ion battery is almost negligible and they can last for 5 to 15 years depending on the brand and how often you use it.
- The electricity loss in these batteries is almost zero.
- Lithium batteries provide a constant power supply until they discharge.
- They do not overheat and consider temperature tolerant.
- Lithium batteries charge really fast in comparison to other types of batteries.
So, at this point, you might be aware of why you should choose lithium-ion batteries for your solar setup and what their advantages are. In future, the solar power will be the most valuable energy source for daily residential electricity needs, and buying the best lithium battery of the best and trustworthy brand would be the best choice for you.