Coronavirus in the United States has become scary and medical practitioner’s around the world are working tirelessly to find a cure for the deadly disease pandemic. New case of deaths in the US was more than 200 people.
President Donald Trump in a press briefing said the FDA has approved for the use of chloroquine to treat Coronavirus and it is effective.
Chloroquine is used to treat malaria, lupsu and rheumatism.
“It’s shown very encouraging — very, very encouraging early results. And we’re going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. And that’s where the FDA has been so great. They — they’ve gone through the approval process; it’s been approved. And they did it — they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So we’re going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states,” Trump said.
He added “Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something like that, and it’s — it was approved very, very quickly and it’s now approved, by prescription.”
However in other news, it is believed the FDA has not approved of chloroquine to be used for the cure of Coronavirus but because chloroquine have been approved for other purposes, doctors are allow to Prescribe it for unapproved treatment of Coronavirus pandemic.
Also, it safety and effectiveness has not been proven with regard to the coronavirus. FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn, speaking after Trump at the briefing, said that chloroquine would be tested through a “large, pragmatic clinical trial” with coronavirus patients.
The FDA in a stsment said it is working with government and academicians to verify whejter chloroquine can be used to treat patients with mild-to-moderate Covid-19 to help reduce the symptoms and also prevent the spread of the disease.
- What are the new countries on Trump’s latest travel ban list?
- Trump calls on Americans to Pray through Jesus, declared today as a National Prayer Day
- Trump tangles with Cuomo over coronavirus: ‘Keep politics out of it’
- Cases of coronavirus in Chinese hotspot drops drastically
- Foreign disinformation campaign on fake national quarantine trying to cause panic: officials
- Trump releases guidelines to slow coronavirus spread in ’15 days,’ but warns crisis could stretch to summer