Bedroom wall decals are a practical and affordable decor option. Since the bedroom is the place in the house where you can truly unwind, it should let you express yourself and rest. Choose pastel designs for a more romantic ambiance, while dark, ideally frigid, designs would work best for a more dynamic impression. If appropriately paired with the furniture and color scheme of your home, classic stripes, recurring patterns above the headboard, or one large show can all be applied. We also have an article previously showing how to using a few creative wall decor ideas.
How can I choose a design for my bedroom’s wall decals?
There are countless patterns, textures, color combinations, and style possibilities available to suit your aesthetic and practical requirements.
The sticker’s design will be picked by the purpose, aesthetic, and “feeling” you wish to give the area. Some common principles do, however, apply. According to a general rule, horizontal stripes “lengthen” the area while vertical stripes “heighten” it. Additionally, while vast, abstract patterns provide a more modern atmosphere, small repeating patterns give the room a more conventional, “serious” appearance. Warmer hues produce a cozier and more personal ambiance, while cool colors in little patterns extend the area.
Choose bedroom stickers with geometric shapes for a more “modern” effect and designs that move in diagonal lines for a more dynamic, “lively” effect. Don’t forget that you can wallpaper just one wall or part of it in each room, to achieve contrasts that make a difference and give a touch of renewal to the space, quickly and inexpensively.
Depending on the aesthetic result you want to achieve, you should pay attention to the following parameters:
- Choose bold, big designs that combine well with contemporary furniture for a modern, edgy look.
- Floral patterns (flowers, leaves) denote a more romantic aesthetic and are perfect for rest spaces like a bedroom or guest house.
- Small patterns in cool hues (blue, purple, and green) give the impression that the room is larger. The room will appear even smaller if the little patterns are warm and dark in color (red, orange, or yellow).
- Even though they make the room smaller, the very huge motifs have a unique visual effect and foster a feeling of intimacy.
- Stripes and other vertical patterns will give the room the appearance of being even taller.
- To define a location, such as a desk in the living room, wallpaper can only be used on a limited portion of the wall.
- Select wallpaper with vertical stripes for all of your room’s walls to make your ceiling appear even higher.
- Choose wallpaper with horizontal, floor-parallel lines if the room is small and you want the walls to appear wider.
- Diagonal stripes define the practical uses of your space by generating movement and providing direction.
- Your area will have a unique and timeless modern design if the geometric forms are arranged in a row along with contemporary furnishings.
Any wall will accept a sticker?
Wallpapers typically hang perfectly on smooth, unblemished walls. Be careful: The wall must be free of damage and poor craftsmanship before you apply the bedroom wall stickers. Before applying the wall sticker, any damaged areas should be repaired (by scraping, smoothing with sandpaper, mending damage, or removing wallpaper), as well as any missing bits of paint or plaster, waterlogged areas, or already-installed wallpaper.
Check out Happydecal.ca for inspiration, and browse the wide range of amazing wall decals to begin curating your personal gallery wall.