With recent and profound advances in LED grow light technology, the paradigm of indoor horticulture is vastly changing as more indoor farmers begin to take advantage of them. Since the development of transistors in the year 1960s, LEDs scientifically known as Light Emitting Diodes have been a staple of the electronics industry. Over the past three decades, advances in the science behind these super-efficient light sources have pushed LEDs to the forefront of consumer options. These artificial light sources, no more only meant for the home and office but also for specialized applications like in the aviation industry, automotive, and most importantly nowadays for indoor horticulture.
To grow plants successfully in a suitable environment, indoor horticulture requires a balance of several variables. Whether it’s vegetables, flowers, or exotic tropical specimen plants they need a properly balanced temperature, water, release of nutrients and ventilation, and perhaps the most important from the perspective of indoor gardening: a light source with spectral qualities and intensity that will allow the vegetables and plants to thrive in an indoor environment.
So, here are some points you need to consider for indoor gardening with LED grow light:
- As compared to conventional grow lights, Spider Farmer LED grow lights operate at a much cooler temperature. So, it can be positioned much closed to the plants. In the existing garden setup, make sure to slowly reposition the lights closer to plants, over several days to avoid stress shocking and monitor them regularly with any sign of heat stress.
- With LED grow light supplier or online store, make sure to ask them output specifications and lightning coverage to get the most out of the growing light system.
- For both beginners & experts, make sure to closely monitor the temperature of the indoor garden after switching to LEDs. Make sure that room temperature should be between 68 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit to maintain optimal plant growth.
- For commercial indoor growers, record the use of water and essential nutrients, and other factors related to environments like ventilation and temperature before switching over to LEDs to establish the standards that will influence the calculation of return on investment.
- While looking for LED grow lights, always consider factors like size of the indoor garden, planting type and overall expenses to buy grow tent High-end brands like Spider Farmer or Mars Hydro will be happy to discuss all these parameters and offer customized solutions to each situation.
LED grow lights might not be the most affordable option in the market initially but for long-term benefits and high yield results, they are the best bet for a great return on investment beyond your expectations.