Massage is one of the most effective ways to improve your well-being. It has a positive effect on the entire body, especially on the muscular and central nervous systems. There are many home massagers on the market designed to work with specific areas and the whole body. MassageForBody experts tell you how to choose the best device.
Types of Massagers
You first need to decide the type of gadget you need. Models differ according to the principle of impact on soft tissues:
- Vibro. From the technology point of view, vibration devices are closest to how humans make massages. Vibrations treat the muscles, improve the limbs’ mobility, and increase blood flow. If you want a universal tool for the whole family, choose a modern vibrating model with various attachments.
- Ultrasonic. These devices produce vibrations that have a sound nature. High-frequency vibrations activate regeneration processes and the supply of nutrients to soft tissues. Thanks to them, collagen, hyaluronic acid, and elastane synthesis are accelerated. These elements maintain skin elasticity and overall youthfulness.
- Hydro. The operation principle is based on the combination of powerful air- and water flows. As a result, you get relaxed muscles. Also, such tools relieve swelling, pain, and spasms, activate blood circulation, and increase joint mobility.
- Vacuum. Vacuum devices enhance blood flow to treated problem areas and activate blood circulation inside them. As a result, the skin is smoothed and becomes soft and tender.
- Air compression. The massager has a therapeutic effect on the body by alternately squeezing and relaxing parts of the body. Thanks to it, the lymph outflow is established, swelling is removed, recovery processes are activated, and fibrous tissues are resolved.
Although the type of device is a key factor in choosing a body massager, other parameters should be considered before buying as well:
- Ergonomics. This concept includes the weight, the handle shape, and a non-slip coating. On average, the duration of one massage session is about 20 minutes. All this time, you should be comfortable holding a tool with one hand.
- Power source. For home use, a device powered by an outlet is suitable (pay attention to the shape of a plug and voltage). However, it is better to opt for a battery model if you travel a lot.
- Brand. Buy instruments made by companies that have established themselves as quality medical equipment manufacturers. Always check the documentation for tools, availability of service centers, and warranties.
- Heating. There are massagers that warm tissues, muscles, and internal organs, which helps with acute or chronic diseases.
- Timer. This feature is handy because you don’t have to time the session yourself. Just set the timer for the period you need and enjoy.
The Last Factor to Consider
Please note that not everyone can use massagers. Some models have contraindications, so before buying, please consult your physician. Among the most common restrictions are various types of tumors, thrombosis, skin problems, inflammation, and pregnancy. The full list of contraindications depends on the type of device chosen.
If you have a massager, please tell us which model you use. What parameters did you focus on when choosing a tool?