The advent of technology is a welcome tool for businesses, both large and small. You can benefit from software development, including desktop, mobile, web, database, front-end, and back-end. Essentially, you’re focusing on the programs that help relay information from humans to computers through a series of coding into binary language. Software development is imperative to increase your competitiveness, enhance client experiences, and ultimately help you achieve your business’s bottom line.
If you aren’t tech-savvy, you could always outsource software development services. A software development company can take care of all the nitty-gritty details regarding your software technology needs. With the myriad of software developers out there, how do you select the right one for your needs? Let’s explore your options.
The Top Software Developers Globally
You’ll need the right software company to walk you through complex projects that need extensive coding. If you’re thinking about partnering with a renowned company, consider those that have an extensive market presence and revenue. Here are some of the world’s top software development companies:
- Microsoft: Founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen, Microsoft is a recognized brand name in the software development scene. Its notable products include Xbox, Microsoft Windows OS, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Oracle: The Redwood Shores-based IT company designs and develops database software technology, cloud systems, and enterprise software applications. You can also access database management solutions for your business.
- IBM: International Business Machine (or IBM) offers two top IT solutions: Global Technology Services and Global Business Services. The company’s top client is the banking industry that relies on IBM solutions for hosting online transactions.
- HP Enterprise: HP Enterprise is a leading IT firm offering software solutions like SaaS and cloud computing. The company also works on business consulting and provides tech support.
- Accenture: Since 2009, Accenture has provided IT services and business consulting. It’s an IT management company that offers services under multiple business units, including Accenture consulting, Accenture strategy, and Accenture technology.
Notable US-Based Software Development Companies
If you’re searching for a software development company within the United States, you have a surfeit of choices. Among the options include:
- Sonatafy Technology: Headquartered in the US with operational centers throughout Latin America, they are a leading custom enterprise software development firm that provides nearshore, same time zone support for US companies.
- ClearSummit: Santa Monica is the official headquarters of ClearSummit, a website and mobile app developer. The company has offices in Virginia and Los Angeles, and its clientele includes corporates and startup companies.
- Itransition: Itransition came into existence in 1988, with its first office in Denver. It currently has multiple US offices where SMB’s and large enterprises can acquire AI and business process automation solutions.
- Goji Labs: Goji Labs is a Los Angeles-based mobile application and website developer. Its employees launch new products across various industries, including startups, established businesses, and non-profits. Some areas the company works on include web and mobile app development and IoT development.
- Sidebench: In existence since 2012 with its headquarters in Los Angeles, Sidebench offers mobile apps and website design and development services.
The Noteworthy Names in the Software Development World
There’s always a genius or “nerd” behind a software development company. Many entrepreneurs in software development are coders themselves, building their empires through their sweat. One prominent and reputable software developer is Mark Zuckerberg. He’s an American IT entrepreneur known worldwide as Facebook’s co-founder, CEO, and chairman.
Another tech guru who’s made a name in the software development world is Bill Gates. If you’ve come across any Microsoft product, it exists due to the efforts of this famous software developer. Elon Musk is yet another newsworthy software developer, as he’s the richest programmer in 2021. By creating two unique software, Zip2 and X.com, he got the chance to venture into SpaceX and Tesla.
Coding generally requires a brilliant mind. But there’s always the best of the best, and Gennady Korotkevich is his name. The coder focuses his efforts on sports programming, working on solving coding puzzles competitively. As of June 2021, multiple competitive programming communities regard him as the world’s smartest coder. Guido van Rossum, the Python language programmer, takes on the title “best coder globally.” On the other hand, “the greatest coder ever” title goes to Tim Berners-Lee due to his HTML and World Wide Web work.
Is it Hard to Create Software?
Software development isn’t a piece of cake. You’ve probably come across the term binary code written in zeros and ones, but do you really comprehend what it’s all about? Coding can be quite challenging if you’re a newbie since you’ll have to learn various techniques and processes to create software, including code design, flowcharting, data flow design, and debugging. Seasoned software developers have the expertise in using computer programs to create functional software. Above all, they:
- Prioritize the role that the software will play while building it.
- Can customize software needs per business needs.
- Can choose the ideal technologies per the specific project.
Need to Outsource Software Development Services? Choose a Nearshore Company
Today, you don’t have to import software development services from the other side of the globe to get industry-leading talent. Yes, you may have heard that China has software developing aficionados. But that could mean overlooking things like IP theft, inefficiency, and language barrier. Luckily, modern IT outsourcing helps you find multiple IT experts near you with top-notch talent. Nearshoring involves getting IT services from companies in countries near your project location.
Working with a nearshore software development company comes with various benefits. One advantage includes sharing cultural values and speaking a common language, enabling your team to enhance productivity without worrying about language barriers. You’ll also reduce the time taken to travel to the project site, and being in the same time zone lets you collaborate in real-time when working remotely. No matter your business or project size, nearshoring allows you to work with an expert yet affordable software development company. You’ll also augment (or replace) your in-house IT team and minimize labor costs while at it.
The next time your US-based business is looking to embark on machine learning, front-end developing, or any other software project in between, consider an English-speaking talent near you. That could be Latin America or another North American country. Nearshore software outsourcing is arguably the future of software development!
Looking for an android app development company to help with your website or app development project? Look no further! We have the experience and expertise to get the job done right.