What is a Walkie stacker? It is a type of stacker where a person can walk behind the truck by filling the pallets and lifting them to heights of variable range. Options of different ranges are available for walkie stalker or purchase in Australia which are durable and available in different sizes. They are usually used for transportation and pallets for short distances such as within the warehouse etc. They make transportation much easier. They are mostly used for indoor transportation as the size of the wheels is very small and is easy to move from one place to another without tumbling.
Different types of Walkie stackers: They are mainly of two types: manual and electric powered. They are used for the transportation of items on flat concrete floors with small spaces. But some with specialised big wheels are also available which can be used for transportation outside.
They are mainly of four broad types:
- One of the types is a Walkie straddle that ensures even distribution of weight and it can also be used in tight spaces.
- Another important one is a Walkie reach: It moves the stack of the load forward. It is mainly used for loading trailers, trucks and vehicles.
- Ride-on is another type of stacker the operator can ride on the walkie stacker.
- Counterbalance uses a counterbalance mechanism to distribute the loads.
There are many benefits of using a Walkie stacker some of them are listed below:
- Walkie stackers are pollution-free and also do not make any noise. This makes them easy to use in indoor settings.
- Their small size also makes it portable for the users and makes the object user-friendly. It also gives the user a broader view as its size is small.
- The price of a walkie-stalker is much lesser than a forklift
- Since they are either electric or manually operated the price of operation is also much less and thus makes it economically viable for longer use.
- They do not need a forklift licence and as such people usually prefer using walkie stalker as no initial paperwork is needed. However, proper training should be done before operating it to avoid accidents. They have a very low cost of maintenance because of their size and operational feasibility.
- They do not require any extra space in the warehouse as its size is manageable. You can keep it stacked easily in a corner of your warehouse.
Walkie stalkers are handy and easy to use however, one should read the user’s instructions and safety protocol before use. The maximum weight that it can handle should also be taken care of before loading. If you require it for small work, you can also hire the same from various companies. Based on your type and amount of work you can select the Walkie stacker that is best for you. The same can be judged by reading the instructions and doing thorough research of the available options for your use. The same can be used even on construction sites and in warehouses.