This article will show you how to disable Netflix Autoplay so that the next episode in a series or preview does not play automatically.
Netflix has an autoplay function on its home screen that not everyone likes; new TV episodes or movies start playing automatically if you don’t move quickly. You may also disable autoplay and avoid automatic previews. Some spectators like to read about the show’s information.
Have you ever casually logged onto Netflix’s home page only to have the streaming service advise you to start viewing its latest sci-fi original about lusty dystopian teens? No more, my buddies. Netflix stated today that you will be able to disable Autoplay on “the next episode in a series” as well as “previews when browsing.”
If this describes you, disable the playback option for your profile. If you like, you may learn about what’s on Netflix without watching the trailers or changing anything in your profile.
Follow these procedures to disable the Autoplay functionality on a profile:
- Sign in to your Netflix account.
- Click the down arrow in the top right corner of the Profile box. (The small square with a happy face or any other picture you’ve chosen.)
- Click Manage Profiles.
- Click the profile you want to update.
- You can uncheck one or both of the following settings under Autoplay controls:
All devices will automatically play the following episode in a series.
On all devices, autoplay previews are displayed when browsing.
- After you’ve selected your choice(s), click Save.
- Click Done on the Manage Profiles screen.
“This functionality is useful to certain people. Others, though, are less enthusiastic “Netflix sent a bizarre message intended at a random Twitter user. “We listened to the criticism, and members may now choose whether or not to receive autoplay previews on Netflix.”