At least 24 people have been injured and 1 person killed in a sweeping attack on Ukraine launched by Russia, damaging infrastructure and residential buildings, officials said on Saturday.
According to its Regional Governor Ivan Fedorov, three children were among the 24 wounded in the southeastern city of Zaporizhzhia.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy reported impacts on 14 regions by the attack, which used over 500 drones and 45 missiles.
Read Also: At least 15 people, including 4 journalists after Israeli strikes on Gaza Hospital
Despite US President Donald Trump’s meeting with Russian and Ukrainian officials earlier this month, diplomatic efforts to end the invasion by Russia have been unsuccessful.
On Friday, Zelenskiy brought up Trump’s self-imposed deadline for deciding on new measures against Russia if President Vladimir Putin fails to commit to a one-on-one meeting with the Ukrainian leader.
“Two weeks will be on Monday. And we will remind everybody,” he said.
Russia has said there is no agenda for a potential summit between Putin and Zelenskyy.

“It is absolutely clear that Moscow used the time meant for preparing a leaders-level meeting to organise new massive attacks,” Zelenskiy said on Saturday, calling for sanctions on Russian banking and energy sectors.
According to a statement on the Telegram messaging app, the air force recorded five missile and 24 drone hits at 7 locations, with debris falling on 21 sites.
Read Also: At Least 1 Killed, 18 Injured In Russia’s Largest Aerial Strike of August
Fedorov said the attack on Zaporizhzhia cut power to 25,000 residents. The local energy facility also added that the attack damaged its equipment and that repairs were underway.
As of early Saturday, Ukrainian state-owned railway Ukrzaliznytsia said it had repaired the damage to its infrastructure in the Kyiv region.