Hon. Kwabena Ohemeng-Tinyase, the Member of Parliament(MP) for Kade in the Eastern Region has lost the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) parliamentary primaries in the Kade Constituency.
Hon Ohemeng Tinyase made headlines when, through a CitiTV- Ghana Police Service collaboration, War Against Indiscipline, he was arrested for flouting road traffic regulations, whereupon he explained that he had done that in the national interest so that he could get to Parliament in time.
This generated a lot of discussions on mainstream media and social media.
Today, though, the delegates have rejected him and chosen Alexander Kwadwo Agyare as the NPP parliamentary candidate for the area.
Out of the five contestants, Hon. Tinyase came third with 107 votes.
Other contestants including Eric Ntri Mensah had 93 votes, Kofi Now polled 152 while Prof Dickson Akwasi Yeboah garnered 15 votes. The winner Alexander Kwadwo Agyare however got 305 votes
Kade is a relatively safe seat for the NPP and Mr. Agyare is most likely on his way to Parliament.
- An open letter to John Dumelo
- NDC MPs After Walking Out Of Parliament Came Back To Collect Their Jollof and Drinks “Item 13” – Majority Leader
- ‘I’m NDC but Akufo-Addo WINNING me over with Dev’t projects’ – Chief
- Parliament to ban MPs from using phones
- Coronavirus: Avoid handshakes – Health Minister urges Ghanaians