Many bitcoin owners are increasingly asking: how can they be spent? Of course, no one will be surprised by the fact that cryptocurrency can be used to pay for food, equipment, or clothing. You can even visit a restaurant or cinema. How about buying a trip for cryptocurrency? Today, using crypto is a great way to pay for your purchases in different countries.
For 1.5 years, despite the strong volatility of digital coins, the number of travel services and specialized platforms that accept cryptocurrency has only increased. For example, you can pay with altcoins or receive them as a reward at ビットコインカジノ. In many ways, cryptocurrency tourism appeared thanks to Felix Weiss, who was one of the first to prove that, with digital coins in your wallet, you can see almost the whole world. He made an unusual experiment back in 2015 when he visited 27 countries of the world and paid only with Bitcoins on trips. It was not an easy journey, but Weiss’s experience inspired many companies to add a new payment method.
Agencies accepting cryptocurrency as payment
These are companies that offer several services at once for cryptocurrency. For example, one of the oldest sites in this area, operating since 2011, is Bitcoin.Travel. It allows you to purchase flights and book accommodation for Bitcoins. It is an aggregator of all travel services that work with the main cryptocurrency. You can also consider the following options:
- Destinia — Spain’s largest online travel agency, established in 2001, sells tickets for 600 airlines, train tickets, helps book hotels and rent cars with Bitcoin;
- BTCTrip — the New York-based online hotel reservation and booking service was one of the first in its industry to serve the crypto community;
- Future Travel is a Vietnamese company established in 2011. 280 airlines worldwide and 400,000 hotels and resorts are available for real-time booking;
- CheapAir — the California online booking site allows you to purchase plane tickets, book a hotel, and rent a car;
- TravelForCoins — the site acts as an intermediary between the customer, air carriers, and hotels. It is enough for the client to make a reservation on the website in Bitcoins, and the company will independently pay for tickets or a hotel using the standard currency to the direct seller of services.
Purchase of air tickets
Since 2014, AirBaltic has been accepting cryptocurrency payments. You can pay for a ticket using the BitPay service, although this function is available only for Basic tickets and if the ticket is purchased no later than 5 days before departure. Many cryptocurrency tourists may be interested in the Cheapbizclass.com service. This platform offers cheap business class tickets to various destinations for BTC.
You can also use digital coins to buy air tickets from the Mexican air carrier TAR, the airline from Taiwan Far Eastern Air, and rent a business jet for private flights from Star Jets International.
Using your coins for other purposes
When you get to the place, for sure, you will need transport. Fortunately, there are several car rental agencies for Bitcoin owners. The services that we have described above provide such a service. But there are also individual companies scattered around the world that allow you to rent a car and use cryptocurrency. You can find them through the SpendBitcoins.com service — this is a so-called world map that shows companies accepting cryptocurrency.
Another popular service, Coinmap, is a world map that displays the locations of stores that accept Bitcoin. The map is easy to use: just zoom out to find stores in your city.
If you would rather travel the world by ship than by plane, you can also arrange this by paying with Bitcoin. For wealthy cryptocurrency holders, you can buy a luxury yacht through BitPremier. Alternatively, instead of buying a yacht, you can rent a ship with Bitcoins. American yacht rental company Denison Yacht Sales offers this opportunity.
Of course, there are places where cards are not accepted, so local fiat currency is the only chance to buy food, drinks, and other essentials. In this case, you can use BTM ATMs to transfer Bitcoins to fiat money. Have a nice trip!