If you’re a Nigerian and thinking of visiting Madagascar, you can legally get a visa with the correct documents.
But do you know what the best part is?
If you’re planning to visit for less than 90 days, you don’t need to get a visa. You can visit Madagascar on your passport, valid for the next 6 months, and some formal documentation will be required.
However, if you’re going for a longer time, there are 3 different ways to apply for a Madagascar visa from Nigeria. Here are those three methods.
- Apply for a visa by visiting the Madagascar port of entry.
- Approach a foreign representative of the Madagascar visa authority, i.e., the Madagascar embassy.
- Apply online for a visa. You can apply for eVisa, get approval, land in Madagascar, and you’ll get.
I can understand for now; these methods might feel frustrating to you. But don’t hurry. Below is a complete guide on each step. I also mentioned what things are required to get your first visa for Madagascar.
Related: How to use custom printing as an advantage
Different Types of Madagascar Visas
There are different Madagascar visas for travelers. The most common are the following visas.
- Tourist visas are valid for up to 90 days and allow travelers to explore Madagascar’s attractions.
- Business visas allow up to the one-three years of stay in the country. However, the applicant can increase or decrease the duration.
- Student visas are available for those pursuing their studies in the country, which allows educational institutions to sponsor visas for their students.
Requirements for Madagascar Visas for Nigerians
1. Madagascar Tourist Visa Guide
Madagascar offers a tourist visa for travelers who wish to visit the country. This visa is non-convertible and only valid for up to three months. You can apply for a Madagascar Tourist Visa online through the eVisa portal or a local Madagascar consulate.
The application requires proof of your return ticket, hotel bookings, and financial documents showing sufficient funds to cover your stay in the country. Once your application has been approved, it’s easy to explore all of Madagascar’s offers.
Requirements for Madagascar Tourist Visa
If you are applying for a Madagascar Tourist Visa, you will need the following requirements:
- Valid passport with at least six months validity remaining from the date of arrival in Madagascar.
- A visa application form.
- Two clear passport-size photographs. Make sure the photos are without glasses and hats.
- Proof of financial stability is also a requirement for a visa. It may include bank statements or property ownership documents.
- Proof of a valid return ticket to your home country.
- Hotel bookings or other proof of accommodation during your stay in Madagascar.
- A health fitness certificate is also required. It shows that you’re physically and psychologically perfect.
- Approved Madagascar Landing Authorization documents.
- An email address where you’ll receive online details.
- An active bank account for transactions.
2. Madagascar Business Visa Guide and Requirements
If you’re planning a business visit to Madagascar, you must mention your business details. To get the business visa for Madagascar, the things mentioned in the tourist visa will be the same.
But for the business visa, here are some more required.
The first step in applying for a business visa is ensuring that you meet all of the requirements outlined by the government of Madagascar.
- The visitor must have a valid passport.
- The passport must also contain two blank pages for immigration officials’ verification.
- Proof of sufficient funds and an onward/return ticket are also a requirement.
It’s important to note that these requirements vary depending on the situation.
Related: Ethereum vs. Other Cryptocurrencies as an Investment
3. Student Visa for Madagascar from Nigeria
If you’re a Nigerian looking to go and study in Madagascar, you’ll need to apply for a student visa. The process can be complicated and time-consuming, so having all the correct information is essential before you start.
Make sure you’ve your complete study visa documentation. If you’ve got the scholarship, ensure you have a certified document from the university that ensures you’ll return after your visa expires.
The requirements are pretty much the same for all types of visas; only the purpose of the visa and some reasonable documentation will be required.
How to Apply for Madagascar Visa from Nigeria
1. Apply Through Madagascar eVisa
Traveling to Madagascar has been easier than before with the Madagascar eVisa. This online visa application allows travelers from Nigeria to apply and pay for their visas quickly and securely.
- The basic requirements are simple; a valid passport and valid email address are needed to get started.
- A valid debit or credit card is also required for payment transactions.
- After applying, users will receive an answer within 48 hours regarding the approval or rejection of their request.
- It’s a straightforward process that helps travelers save time and money by avoiding tedious trips to traditional visa offices.
- With its simplified procedure, obtaining a Madagascar eVisa is hassle-free.
2. Contact Foreign Representative
You can also apply for a visa by visiting a physical office.
- The first step is to contact a foreign representative of the government of Madagascar in Nigeria.
- The manager will provide information on terms set by the specific country and procedures to be followed when applying for a visa.
- This representative can help solve what ideas must be considered when applying, such as providing the correct passport and application documents.
- A list of the necessary steps can then be taken and followed according to the requirements of Madagascar.
- With the proper assistance, you’ll soon have your Madagascar visa ready in no time.
3. Apply Through Madagascar Port of Entry
Applying for a Madagascar visa from Nigeria is easier than you might think. It begins with visiting the local embassy of Madagascar in Abuja to gather all necessary information and proof documents.
Those unable to submit documents in person can use reliable courier services to deliver the application. Once your application has been accepted, a visa will be issued and ready for collection at either the Embassy or port of entry into Madagascar.
When arriving at the port of entry, travelers must present their passports, photos, and any additional requirements set by immigration officials. Once approved, you’ll be presented with your visa and allowed to enter Madagascar.
Application Process for Madagascar Visa
Once you’ve determined that you meet all the requirements, you can begin applying for your Madagascar business visa. Different types of visas are available depending on where you are from and how long you plan to stay in the country.
So make sure that you select the right one when submitting your application.
Best of all, applications can be filed online or through an approved travel agent and may require additional documents such as proof of employment or bank statements.
As part of the application process, applicants should also remember that they may need to pay an associated fee to obtain their visa.
Once your application has been submitted and accepted, it’s time to wait for processing. Processing times vary depending on the visa type; however, most applications should receive a response within 30-60 days or less.
It’s important to note that there is no guarantee that your application will be approved. However, if it is rejected or delayed, applicants will typically receive information regarding why their request was denied or delayed at this stage.
Madagascar Visa Fees for Nigerian Citizens
- Standard processing fee for 30 days or 60 days: $34.99
- Emergency processing fee for 30 days or 60 days: $64.99
The base fee for a visa is $34.99 for standard processing. An emergency processing fee of $64.99 is available to have it expedited. Regardless of your choice, if you have all the necessary documents in order and the forms filled out correctly, your visa application will be on its way.
What is a Madagascar Landing Authorization?
A Madagascar Landing Authorization is an important document that enables international travelers to enter the country. This authorization must be obtained before the flight and submitted for foreign citizens to gain entry into Madagascar.
You can get Madagascar Landing Authorization by applying online or by visiting the Madagascar embassy in Nigeria. The process is the same as you apply for the visa.
Depending on the situation, you may get your Landing Authorization form with your visa. Or you may have to apply for it separately.
Getting a Madagascar Landing Authorization can seem daunting, but with some helpful planning, travelers should be okay with obtaining this essential document for their trip to Madagascar.
Related: Risks and Challenges of Using Payment Methods in Crypto Trading
How do you get a Madagascar visa on arrival for Nigerian citizens?
You can apply for the visa upon arrival at any of the country’s international airports and seaports, where immigration officers will review your documents before granting you entry.
To qualify for the visa on arrival, you’ll need to provide proof of full payment of the visa fee and a valid passport with at least six months of validity and two blank pages.
Further documents, such as an itinerary or return ticket, might also be requested. Remember that it’s best to arrive with all required materials prepared beforehand to ensure a smooth check-in process.