Latest Sports News:
The surging Buffalo Bills (8-3) travel to AT&T Stadium to play the Dallas Cowboys (6-5) at 4:30 p.m. ET Thursday as the second game during Thanksgiving action. We analyze the Bills-Cowboys odds and betting lines, while providing sports betting picks and tips.
Latest Sports News: Buffalo at Dallas: Week 13 preview, betting trends and notes
- The total has hit the under is six of Buffalo’s last seven road games.
- The total has hit the over in five of the Cowboys last seven games.
- Buffalo is 9-3-1 against the spread in its last 13 games and 7-3-1 this season.
- Dallas is 7-4 against the spread this season.
- Buffalo is third in the league in points allowed per game (15.7), while Dallas is seventh, allowing 19.1 points per game.
- The Cowboys are 0-4 against teams they played who had a winning record at the time. They’re 6-1 in games against teams that had losing records.
Latest Sports News: BetMGM BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL
Latest Sports News: Buffalo at Dallas: Key injuries
For Dallas, LB Leighton Vander Esch (neck) and DT Antwaun Woods (knee) have been ruled out.
Latest Sports News: Buffalo at Dallas: Odds, betting lines and prediction
Dallas 20, Buffalo 16
The Cowboys (-286) are a prohibitive favorite despite their recent struggles. Buffalo (+230) is getting a nice return on investment, so, if you are to bet this at all a small bet on Buffalo and looking for an upset in what looks to be a tight, defense-dominated game would be the call, even though we’ll avoid it because we think Dallas will win and 1:3 return is just too low.
Against the Spread (?)
For a team who hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record, Dallas is still the betting favorite laying 6.5 points (-115), while Buffalo is -105 getting +6.5. The Cowboys have the weapons to blow the game out, but Bills QB Josh Allen can make enough plays to get Buffalo in scoring position often enough to keep the game close. Take BUFFALO (+6.5, -105).
The total is 44.5 points and Dallas has a trend of hitting the over at home this year. While Buffalo hasn’t faced a very tough schedule, it does have a history of playing the good teams tight. The projection is about right for the kind of game we’re expecting, so the UNDER (+110) in a Zeke Elliott-dominated game plan is the bet to make as both teams struggle to find the end zone with regularity.
Follow @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.