Ahmed Suale’s Murder: My hands are clean – Kwesi Nyantakyi

Former Ghana Football Association President, Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi has refuted allegations leveled against him of playing a role in the murder of Ahmed Suale.

According to the former GFA Boss, he only cautioned the undercover Journalist to be careful with his nature of work or risk losing his life but has no hands in his death.

“I rebuked him and said he had to be careful with what he did. I thought he was a 419 guy. To evoke the fear of God in him I cautioned him to beware of such 419 tendencies in him else he could lose his life in future if he continued living in those ways.

International investigative journalist, Guillaume Perrier together with Anas Ameriyaw Anas have released a Sketch and investigative piece, detailing their investigations so far about the death of Ahmed Suale.

Guillaume Perrier who has traveled to Ghana with a team of investigators have released phone conversations between them and prominent suspects in Ahmed’s murder case. On his Twitter handle, the also exposed series of death threats from suspects including the former GFA president Kwasi Naytakyie and Kennedy Agyapong.

Guillaume Perrier confirmed that Kenndy Agyapong was interrogated. He said: “We interviewed MP Kennedy Agyapong, who had sent Ahmed death treats. “I had nothing to do with this murder. But I have no regrets. If I had to do it all over again, I would do exactly the same thing” he said.”

However, responding to such allegations Mr Nyantakyi denied granting  Perrier audience and therefore indicated that the sequence of events had been miscommunicated.

He noted that his phone conversation with the late Ahmed Hussein Suale occurred in November 2017 and not 2018 as reported by Mr. Perrier.

He recounted that he had met Mr. Suale through his aide, Abu after he promised to link him to a Qatari sheikh close to the Emir Al-Thani, who was ready to sponsor the Ghana football league.

“My conversation with Ahmed Suale actually took place in 2017. At the time I didn’t know he was an investigative journalist. I didn’t know he worked with Anas. I didn’t know he has set me up.

“After spending over $25,000 on airline tickets and hotel fees at Qatar, Ahmed Suale switched off his phone and bailed on us. He scammed me.

“He put me through an unnecessary burden of paying travelling expenses for the presidential candidate from his country via Accra to Dubai to meet non-existent Sheikhs for financial assistance.

“With the aid of a national security official, I tracked Ahmed Suale’s hideout at Kantamanto at the time he was supposed to have been in Dubai for the meeting.

“He later called to confront me about why I had reported him to a national security official and describing him as a fraudster.

“I told him that if he continued to scam ‘powerful’ people, they could attack him spiritually, I thought he was a ‘sakawa’ boy, to be honest with you.

“It had absolutely nothing to do with investigative journalism or tiger eye or #12. The police are very much aware of all these facts. They’ve got the recordings, date of recordings and all relevant facts.

“I was invited for questioning by the police on January 18, 2019. After their investigations showed the date of conversation, thus discrediting the audio connecting me.

Ahmed Hussein Suale was shot and killed by assailants on a motorbike while driving in his neighbourhood in January 2019 barely six (6) months after premiering of Number12, a documentary, Ahmed was a key producer on.