If you are one of those who find difficulties in washing your squishmallow.
Here are some laid down points for you.
What are squishmallows?
Squishmallows are stuffed toys that were launched by Kelly Toys Holdings LLC in 2017. They come in all sorts of colors, textures, sizes, and animals. They are normally round, squishy, soft, and cute to look at. They are squishy and soft Each squishmallow has been created with its name and backstory. Their prices range from $3 to $50 depending on their size and the store. The rare ones are often expensive. These stuffed toys were founded by Jonathan Kelly in 1986. Squishmallows became popular in 2020 during COVID-19 through TikTok. It gained over 550 million views on Tiktok,100,000 followers on Twitter, and 500,000 followers on Instagram.
2022: Squishmallows won the February 2022 Toy of the Year Award and People’s Choice Award by The Toy foundation.
2020: Squishmallows won the best toy of the year by Learning Express.
2017: They also won the National Parenting Products Award.
How to wash squishmallows
Let’s see how to wash your squishmallows.
- Try to spot treat your squishmallow first by using a little bit of detergent or a stain remover pen.
- Tie it in a pillowcase
- Prepare your cool water in the washing machine
- Now put your squishmallow in it because it is machine washable.
- Dry it under a low heat setting.
How maintain your squishmallows
If your squishmallow looks a little bit lumpy, I have two tips that will help you maintain it.
- Put your dried squishmallow in a pillowcase
- Put it straight
- Put it into your dryer on a tumble dry setting with no or low heat.
- Look for the squiggle seam on the bottom
- Unpick the squiggle seam to a hole so you can take the stuffing out
- Take all your stuffing out
- Give your squishmallow shell a bath
- Put the shell in a pillowcase and give it that bath
- Whiles your shell is in the machine wash pick up the big clumps
- Pull them apart for them to be fluffy
- Make sure there are no lumps
- Remove your squishmallow shell and stuff them in
- Now close it up by hand sewing
How to wash hairy squish mallows
- Put some laundry detergent on a microfiber cloth
- Wet it with water
- Scrub the dirty areas
- Now put it in the washing machine in a cold water
- Wash it for 35 minutes
- Tumble dry on low heat for 45 minutes
How to organize your squish mallows
- Get a squishnet
- Measure the wall where you want to hang your squishmallows
- Now get your drilling tools
- Drill holes in the wall
- Put your hooks inside the hole
- Hang your squishnet
- Now arrange your squishmallows on your squishnet according to the one you want to start with
Can you dry squishmallows?
Here are some tips on how to dry your squishmallows
Put the squishmallows in a dryer
Make sure it is on low heat
Tumble dry it for at least 45 minutes
Never leave your squishmallows wet because they can grow molds. Avoid drying them on high heat because the fabric can melt.
Are squishmallows washable?
Squishmallows can get dirty if used. Many people sleep with them by hugging. Some people also used them as pillows because they are super soft. Yes, they are washable. Make sure you are using a washing machine to wash it and also under cold water. Also, make sure to put them in a pillowcase before washing them.
How to wash a 24-inch Squishmallow
Just like washing all the other squishmallows, the same method is used in washing the 24-inch squishmallow.
- Wet a microfiber cloth with detergent and a cold water
- Spot clean it with the wet microfiber cloth
- Now put the 24-inch squishmallow in a pillowcase
- Put it in the washing machine under cool water and a detergent
- Now dry it on low heat
How to wash a Squishmallow without a Washer
You can use a damp cloth to wash your toy if there’s no washer.
- Get a white microfiber cloth. If you have a colored cloth just make sure the color is not going to stain your toy.
- Damp the microfiber cloth or towel in a water and detergent solution
- Squeeze out the water from the cloth and start cleaning the toy all around.
- Do this repeatedly until all the dirt is gone
- Now rinse the cloth in clean water and squeeze out the water. Clean the foam on the toy with it.
- Now it is time to air-dry your squishmallow
How to get old Squishmallows fluffy Again
Let’s look at two approaches we can get that old squishy squish feel back again.
- Hug and fluff it up with your hands
- You can also put it in a dryer with no heat
- There you go, it is all new and squishy again
- Look for the seams at the bottom of the toy
- Unpick and open it
- Remove all the stuffing inside
- Pull out all the stuffing with your hands
- Put them back in the squishmallow shell
- Now hand sew it back nicely
You are done all new and dusted!