Digital security is a huge issue in the modern world. As the new safety solutions appear, so do new and more powerful hacking threats. Because the majority of companies are using certain video API solutions, they often become a great target for cyber attackers. Statistics show that up to fifty cyber threats appear within one company each month. This calls for serious virtual security measures regardless of the industry and scale of your company. Choosing reliable and protected software like Digital Samba is crucial, but it is also important to adopt a range of safety measures. Read along to discover how to use video API securely.
Safety Measures for Protecting Your Video API
With video software, it is important to utilize dependable platforms with powerful encryption and follow some safety measures yourself. Digital Samba operates with E2EE (end-to-end data encryption) and is GDPR-compliant, which is an EU policy regarding personal data protection standards. Here are some of the safety measures you need to look for in video conferencing software:
- Encryption – there are various ways of data encryption online. The most reliable software incorporates a few different encryption methods to deliver powerful protection of the user’s personal data. As Internet users, we often share our personal info online. Encryption is needed to protect our credentials from theft and misuse.
- Web Real-Time Communications – WebRTC is another crucial safety protocol for using video conferencing solutions securely. This protocol is developed for protecting video and voice calls made online in real-time specifically.
- Authentication and authorization – these two security stages are extremely important when using any software. Authentication is a process that identifies you as a user and ensures that you are exactly who you claim to be by asking for your passwords and other data. Authorization is a procedure of providing access to certain features, files, etc. When you complete authentication, authorization determines your ability to access certain things. This is an important step as it minimizes access to crucial personal data and company documentation by everyone.
- Monitoring every session – while some services allow you to stay logged in, as soon as you complete authentication once, it is better to go through the process each time. Spending a few minutes to let only verified users into each video call increases security greatly.
- Moderators – it is important to have moderators during your video streams, especially if they are made for big audiences. Moderators should have the possibility to limit certain features for specific users or even remove them from the streams. This is important for creating comfortable and secure spaces at all times.
Internet security is no joke, and you always should protect your data from theft or leakage. Failing to secure company data can lead to significant losses. This is why reliable video software is so important today.
Choosing Digital Samba
There are so many video software options on the current market that it becomes almost impossible to try them all and find the best one. This is why it is better to rely on reputable providers, such as Digital Samba. Here are three reasons why you should settle on this solution:
- Customizable solutions – branding is important, and you can easily enhance your brand image with the help of this video software. Use colors unique to your company brand, choose from numerous fonts, and create the perfect image for unforgettable video conferences.
- Customer support – it is crucial to have powerful client support, especially when working with technical solutions. If you want your video conferences to run smoothly and your software to be constantly updated, this is the platform to choose. Contact client care at any time to resolve any possible issues or questions.
- Top security standards – thanks to the latest methods of encryption and European standards of data protection, you can be sure that your personal and business information is safe while using Digital Samba. Paired with the other safety measures adopted by each user of the platform, your data will remain protected from all kinds of cyber threats.
Enhanced security and convenient functionality are the main reasons users prefer this software for making video calls and hosting digital conferences. Here are some of the other features that make this platform so useful:
- Screen layouts – when hosting a video call for multiple people, it is important that everyone sees each other clearly and the layout is convenient. It is possible to change the layout based on your preferences.
- Speaker settings – special settings will help with keeping everything in order as you can permit speaking for various users. Either you want only the host to be able to access audio or every user to ask to join a conversation, this is all optional.
- Recording sessions – if you want to have a recording of your meeting or presentation, you can capture the whole video and store it safely in a cloud afterward.
- Automated e-mails – you can set up e-mail notifications that will arrive to all the recipients automatically. They can notify them about newly scheduled meetings or remind them of the video conferencing that will commence soon.
- Sharing documents – if you are using video conferencing software and want to share some files or documents with other users, it is much easier to do so on the same platform. Share files with the selected users without sending them via e-mail or other programs.
- Simple invites – add users to your contact list to be able to invite them with only one click when you create a new digital meeting.
- Shared documents – it is very convenient to share notes with the other video call members in real-time. This is a handy tool for collaboration even if you are not in the same room.
These features and more are available in the top video API solutions.