Many users who want to switch to another antivirus ask this question constantly. Avast removal is usually done by standard means “Start” – “Control Panel” – “Add / Remove” (in Windows XP) if you are using Windows 10, at the end of “Programs and Features”. Then we find AVAST in the list and click “Delete”.
How to uninstall Avast (Method 1)
Before starting the cancel avast process, check if the antivirus self-defence is disabled. To do this, right-click on the Avast icon and, from the menu that appears, select “Program Settings” – “Troubleshooting” or “Troubleshooting.”
Now on the right, you can see a list of various options that can be turned off. Select “Disable Avast Protection Module”. or “Enable Avast Protection Module!” (depends on the Avast version). Now you can start uninstalling your Antivirus. If these actions did not work, read the article further.
How to uninstall Avast (Method 2)
We go to the menu “Start” – “Run”. In the window that opens, enter “Regedit” (registry) and click “OK.”
Be careful! Don’t delete or change registry settings you don’t know about!
Although there are various methods to get rid of Avast Free Antivirus, probably the first of them that you have to take into account is AvastClear, a tool that, as its name suggests, has been almost specially developed to give us an answer in this type of situation.
AvastClear is a creation of the Avast Free Antivirus managers themselves to offer a solution to those users who, for various reasons, can not remove the Antivirus from their computers.
To remove Avast Free Antivirus with Avast Clear, you must follow these very simple steps that will help you to remove it quickly and smoothly:
- Download AvastClear from your browser by searching for it as Avast files.
- Restart Windows in Safe Mode
- Run AvastClear
- Select the folder where you have Avast installed
- Click here on the Remove option
- (You have to be very careful with the folder you choose because if you select another that is not the one that contains the Avast information, you will also be deleting its contents)
Remove Avast Free Antivirus program with Windows easily
Of course, the Windows assistant can also be attractive in this type of situation, as it has functions that allow us to eliminate programs that refuse to be deleted:
- Click on the Windows Start menu.
- Go to Team
- In this folder, go to the tab ” Uninstall or change a program.”
- Search for “Avast Free Antivirus” among the installed programs
- Select ” Avast Free Antivirus ” and then the “Uninstall” option.
- An Avast notice will appear.
- Give there also to “Uninstall.”
Although the two methods mentioned above will allow you to remove Avast from your Windows computer in just a few seconds, we recommend the first of them, since it is not only an official but also a specific tool, perfect for this type of situation.
Also see: Top 13377x Alternatives
How to Disable Avast Antivirus on Mac Forever?
This way, you can disable Avast from a Mac laptop.
If you are a Mac user, you can disable Avast free Antivirus quite quickly and easily. The best thing is that you will not have problems:
- Start typing “Avast” in the search box and then open “Avast Security” from there.
- Click on “Preferences”, as shown in the image below.
- Here you will see three types of Avast Shield.
- Shield, Mail Shield, and Web Shield file system.
- Click the “Disable” option for the shield you want to disable, and then enter the administrator password when prompted.
Avast antivirus will be disabled on Mac.
How to disable Avast for a while or forever on your Windows PC
First of all, go to Avast, an antivirus program that you can open directly from the computer’s taskbar, in the lower right part. If you do not know what it is, you should recognize it by its orange colour, incredibly striking
When you have located it, you have to click on it with the mouse’s right button, clicking on Avast Shield Control.
As soon as you do, you will see several deactivation options appear, precisely the following:
Deactivate for 10 minutes,
Deactivate for 1 hour, Deactivate until the computer is restarted or Deactivate permanently
Of course, you have to choose the period you want the Antivirus to stop working until the task that interests you is finished.
When you have selected the period in question, a new window will ask you if you are sure to continue, and you must say Yes to confirm the procedure.
If you have chosen a temporary deactivation, the activation will occur automatically once that period has ended.