Android smartphones, particularly Samsung phones, provide a “Secure Folder” for storing personal images, videos, files, programs, and data. However, the iPhone lacks a native “Secure Folder” software. You may still protect your private photographs and information with the Note Lock function and third-party apps.
Data security and privacy are essential components of every device. If you have an iPhone or Android, you don’t want anybody else to have access to your vital information, images, and movies.
As a result, we took the time to produce simple instructions on how to create a safe folder on an iPhone or Android device, utilizing unconventional methods that differ from those used for securing files and folders on an Android device.
Creating a Secure Folder on iPhone
It’s useful to have a “Secure Folder” on your iPhone to keep private images and files safe from prying eyes and personal data safe from hackers.
Although it is not feasible to create a secure folder on the iPhone natively, there are a few workarounds, and our three step-by-step techniques will make the procedure simple for you.
Secure your iPhone Images by Following the Instructions Below
Method 1 Using Password To Protect Your Images
So, without further ado, here are the ways to create a safe folder on your iPhone and protect your photos and movies.
- Select the Photos: Launch the “Photos” app on your iPhone and scroll down to the “Albums” tab. Tap on the “Album” that contains the images you want to hide. Tap the “Share” icon after selecting the images.
- Saving Photos To Note: On the “Share” tab, choose “Add to Notes.” Then, select “Save” to save the selected images to the “Notes” app.
- Password Protecting the Note: From the “Home” menu, launch the “Notes” app and choose the “Note” that includes your Photos. Following that, tap the “Share” icon and scroll down the “Share” menu to find the “Lock Note” option. When asked, enter the password to lock the “Note” and tap “Done.”
- Deleting Photos From the Original Source: No one can view the images once they have been saved in “Lock Note” without entering the Password. They are, however, still visible in the iPhone’s “Photos” app. Delete the images from there, as well as the “Recently Deleted Folder.”
Method 2 Using Calculator To Hide Images and Videos
The calculator is a great iPhone app that masquerades as a functional calculator while concealing your albums and files. To do so, you must install and download the app on your phone. Next, open the app, create a passcode, and enter it followed by a percentage symbol.
After you’ve unlocked the Calculator app, you may utilize existing image albums or create a new encrypted folder. After that, choose an album from the app and import images from your iPhone’s library, camera, clipboard, or iTunes. You must ensure that your iPhone has internet connectivity enabled.
Summary on How To Secure your iPhone Images
We explored the reasons for keeping data secret in our article on creating a secure folder on the iPhone, as well as how to use the built-in phone function and third-party software.
Other user-friendly programs that can help you secure your files can also be found on the App Store.
How to enable Secure Folder on Android
Method 1 How To Enable Secure Folder On Your Device
In this post, we’ll show you how to turn on the Secure Folder that comes with your Samsung device.
If you’re using a Google device, you may use a similar built-in feature called Safe Folder. While the “safe” folder can contain files and directories, it cannot include programs. Regardless, the Safe folder is still an important security feature, so we’ll go over it here as well.
- Go to Settings, then tap on Biometrics and security. Scroll all the way down to Secure Folder. Sign in using your Samsung or Google account, and a Secure Folder will be created.
- Go to the Biometrics and security menu and select Secure Folder to configure or update the lock settings for your Secure Folder. This will now display the Secure Folder choices and settings. Choose a lock type before deciding how to open your secure folder.
- To prevent someone from accessing your secure folder while your phone is unlocked, set the folder to lock soon after you leave an app within it. Otherwise, your folder can be viewed even after you’ve turned off your unlocked phone. Tap on Auto-lock Secure Folder and then choose Each time I exit an app from the Secure Folder settings menu.
Method 2 How To Enable Safe Folder n Your Google Device
- Select the Files app from your applications list.
- Scroll down and select the Safe folder. Select whether you want to use a PIN or a Pattern to access the Safe folder. Set the PIN or Pattern and confirm it.
- To put anything in the Safe folder, go to Files, choose the file, tap the three dots icon, and then choose Move to Safe folder.
Summry On How To Create a Secure Folder On Android
Now that you know all the great methods to keep your phone private, why not look into additional ways to improve your privacy and security?
Thank you for taking the time to read the article below. I hope you now have all of the ways and ideas for making a safe folder on your Android and iPhone.