You’re all dressed up, your outfit is perfect, your makeup is on point. But your hair? That frizz! It’s all you need to ruin your OOTD. That’s when we think of a product that can help us with an instant result. Hair smoothing cream is what you need in your life to make every day a good hair day.
If you’re tackling frizzy, dry & rough hair, then hair-smoothing cream is the solution to all your hair woes. Smoothing cream repairs dehydrated, unmanageable frizzy hair. It adds moisture to the hair strands & makes it super soft. You can also use smoothing cream as a heat protectant before blow-drying. You can even apply it to your dry hair for soft definition and bounce.
Many people feel a little hesitant when it comes to applying hair products to their hair. But trust us, smoothing creams are entirely safe for your hair. Just like hair serums, smoothing creams also nourish and protect your hair by creating a protective layer over it.
If you have no idea about what exactly is a hair smoothing cream, then do not worry. In this article, we will guide you through everything related to hair-smoothing cream.
What is a smoothing cream?
Hair Smoothing Cream is like a moisturising lotion for your hair. It nourishes and rehydrates the hair strands, tames frizz, and makes hair soft. It also protects your hair from getting dry after washing.
You should apply smoothing creams on damp, towel-dry hair before blow-drying. The moisturising ingredients make your hair easy to manage and bouncy. It gives the hair a glossy effect and locks the moisture in the hair.
How to use a smoothing cream?
Hair Smoothing Creams are very easy to use.
- First, take two or three pumps on the palm of your hands and rub your hands together to activate it.
- Then apply the cream from the mid-shaft to the ends of your hair with your hands.
- If your hair is longer, then take more cream as per your hair length
- Start working the cream from the back of your head and then come forward
- Then leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Not every smoothing cream requires the same time; some can even work within 3-5 minutes.
- Read the label of the cream to know about the exact time & process
- After few minutes, massage your hair and rinse it with normal water
You can use it as a heat protectant as well.
- Just apply a few pumps of smoothing cream on damp hair or towel-dried hair
- Then you can use a blow dryer or an iron
- If your hair gets dry & frizzy after blow-drying or using a flat iron, then a smoothing cream is a must-have for you.
- It protects your hair from the heat and leaves your hair shiny and easy to handle
How to choose the correct smoothing cream for your hair?
No hair type is immune to damage and frizz. Smoothing creams are excellent for every hair type. In addition, there are different smoothing creams for different hair types. So if you’re done with having dry, frizzy, unmanageable hair, don’t worry; smoothing cream is here to help you out with all your hair problems.
Smoothing cream for frizzy hair
Frizzy hair means a bad hair day. It’s a never-ending hair problem. Dehydration and lack of moisture result in frizzy hair. You need a smoothing cream that has moisturising elements in it & hydrating properties. It’ll keep your hair hydrated and lock up the moisture so that your hair does not get frizzy after washing. Go for the smoothing creams that have olive oil, seed oils, and coconut oil in it. Oils control the frizz in your hair and leave it soft & shiny after every wash.
Smoothing cream for fine hair
People with fine hair often stay away from moisturising products. But fine hair gets dry too. Plus, it’s prone to dullness, static, and flyaways. Smoothing cream gives fine hair a soft, touchable definition and beautiful shine. Choose a lightweight cream that will hydrate your delicate strands without weighing them down. Work a small amount of smoothing cream through damp hair and then blow-dry your locks for maximum shine.
Smoothing cream for wavy hair
Our hair is something that we love with all our hearts. But watching your beautiful wavy hair turn frizzy and dry is heart-breaking. So, transform your gorgeous waves from frizzy to fabulous by using the correct smoothing cream. Heat and humidity can cause waves to frizz up and lose their natural definition. Smoothing cream penetrates deep into your hair cuticles to restore moisture and revitalise your strands. The result is soft, shiny waves with a definite curl pattern. Follow it with a hair-setting spray to get better results.
Smoothing cream for curly hair
Get shiny, defined curls with a luscious smoothing cream! Dryness is the biggest problem for curly hairs. Lack of moisture can cause frizz & dryness to your hair. But heavy serums can weigh down your hair and make your curls fall out of their natural shape. Instead, choose a smoothing cream with naturally hydrating ingredients like coconut and babassu oil. These oils repair damaged and dry hair and make your curls soft with lots of natural movement.
Advantages of using a hair smoothing cream:
- Smoothing creams are very mild
- They are not harsh on your hair
- They do not alter your hair structure
- Smoothing creams tame the frizz in your hair
- It adds life to your dull hair
- It doesn’t cause any damage to your hair
- Smoothing cream gives your hair a natural soft & shiny look that stays for long
- It not only treats frizzy, damaged hair but also repairs split ends
Things to remember:
- Protect your eyes while using smoothing creams
- Do a patch test before using the smoothing cream for the first time
- Always go for the cream that is suitable for your hair type
- Finally, read the labels carefully to understand the process properly
A great way to get smooth, healthy hair is to use a smoothing cream every day as a part of your styling routine. Smoothing cream contains nourishing oils that penetrate deep into your hair cuticles and hydrate them from within.
In addition, it smooths and flattens the cuticle for shiny, frizz-free hair that feels luxuriously soft. Hair smoothing creams are a perfect solution for all your hair problems like frizz, dull, dry, and dead hair. Regular use of smoothing creams can transform your hair from dull and damaged to shiny and manageable.
There is a wide variety of smoothing creams available in the market. Choose a smoothing cream according to your hair type and hair problem. You can buy them from a nearby cosmetic store or shop for them online.
So, make every day a happy hair day by using the correct smoothing cream for your hair.