While in quarantine, there were a lot of people who started cooking right for the first time in their life. Selena Gomez went one step further and decided to film herself as she started learning to cook from celebrity chefs and put it on HBO Max for the whole world to witness.
Here we will be taking a look at the various reasons why you should check out Selena and Chef Recipes. So, let’s start.
- Selena Gomez: Selena is simply a breathtaking host, to say the least. Always on top of things, she used to spout out what she knew about their chefs and restaurants in LA. The manner in which the structure of the show has been established is definitely to her benefit. But the one thing that stands out is that she can easily take a joke regarding her cooking skills. Speaking about the first episode, when she receives the delivery of the ingredients, she passes a statement: “ Here’s the food I’m going to burn.” One thing worth admiring is the fact that she could be so self-deprecating but at the same time be so strong enough not to crumble in case she commits a mistake, making Selena and Chef Recipes a must-watch.
- The Chef Guests: If you are a long-time fan of Top Chef and its spin-offs, you will feel delighted to see how many judges and alums appear on Selena + Chef. Starting off with Ludo Lefevre is surely a power move. But talking on a more serious note, there was a diverse group of chefs where each had their own specialty to teach and highlight Selina. It can be safely said that she actually got a crash course in various sorts of cuisine like Roy Choi taught her Korean, Ludo French, Candice Kumai Japanese, and Tanya Holland Southern. Besides being patient with her, they also provided her with additional tips on her knife and preparation skills. Even if something went awry, they encouraged her progress all throughout. Here, you should also note that there is not a single recipe that seems to be difficult. So, anyone can follow along. What’s more? Nowadays, you can also witness take part in them virtually through Simulation Games.
- Spotlight on Different Charities: In every episode, they donated $10,000 to a charity of the chef guest’s choice. It isn’t just that they provided funds to these charities but they also allowed viewers to gain more insight into certain specific causes and what importance they carry to the chefs. Some of the most well-known was: No Kid Hungry and NAACP. But Antonia chose Beit T’ Shuvah which focuses on helping people get rid of their addictions as she has experience dealing with similar issues. The introduction of this particular event was such a nice touch. You will be amazed to see these amazing causes get the spotlight once you start watching Selena and Chef Recipes.
- The Editing Shade: This one sort of tie is something that backs into Selena’s self-depreciation. The main reason behind the show was that Selena moved into a new house with a stunning Nancy Meyers-esque kitchen. But as with anyone who recently moves into a new house, there are some appliances that aren’t easy to use, and that includes her oven too. Ludo enquires her if she has a convection switch, and Selena says no to it. But it was the sneaky editors, it turns out that she does. Every time she says that she doesn’t have one, they put up a graphic to point this out every time. There are also a few other instances when the editors throw shade at Selena’s way, and that is something that is going to crack you up every time you watch Selena and Chef Recipes or virtually try them out in Simulation Games.
- Her Knife Set: Seriously, you will get to know when you see it. We are not going to ruin the surprise for you now only. They are the real star of the show.
As you keep watching Selena and Chef Recipes, you will see the inclusion of many different chefs from around the world. There are many who love Lefebvre the most as the audience truly witnessed his passion and artistry as a true French chef surrounding French cuisine. You can be pretty sure that Selena and Chef Recipes is never going to disappoint you, rather they are sure to exceed your expectations. The same thing also holds true when you try out these recipes on online platforms offering Simulation Games.