At least 134 people have recovered from COVID-19 as Ghana records 1,279 cases, the Ghana Health Service announced on Friday, April 24, 2020.
One more person has died increasing the death toll to 10.
Giving regional distribution of the cases, data on the Ghana Health Service COVID-19 website indicates that the Greater Accra region has the highest number of confirmed cases in the country with 1,089.
The Ashanti region follows with 69 confirmed cases while the Eastern Region has recorded 56 cases.
The Northern region and Oti Region have recorded 13 cases each, with the Volta region having 10 cases, Central region recording nine positive cases and the Upper West Region as well as the Upper East Region having eight cases each.
The North East Region has two cases, while the Western Region and Western North Region have a case each.
The Savannah, Bono, Ahafo and Bono East Regions have not recorded any cases.
Breakdown of Coronavirus case count in the 16 regions;
- ‘I Will Be Twerking For You Every Night…’ And That Is What Princess Shyngle Would Be Taking To The Marriage Table
- Zimbabwe: 131 die from malaria amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Confirmed: Coronavirus patient dies at Walewale Hospital in North East Region
- Ghanaians need help now, not futuristic salary contributions -Mahama defends PPE donation
- COVID-19 cases in Ghana shoot to 834; nine dead, 99 recovered GHS Confirmed