V8

Fire guts mechanic shop, consumes V8 and 6 other vehicles at Osu

A mechanic shop at Osu has been gutted with fire and in the process has consumed seven vehicles including a V8 and a V6 yesterday afternoon.

Personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service were said to have arrived at the scene some 15 minutes after the fire started and took them close to 40 minutes to totally extinguish the inferno that caused panic among residents close by.

V8

Alarm was raised for people living in houses close by to evacuate as the fire spread to the affected building.

Fire outbreak

The cause of the fire is not immediately known, Dickson said, but suspected to have been caused by some electrical connection.