For the majority of men, their wedding ring or band is probably the first jewelry they will wear. Selecting a unique band that matches his personality and style can be an uphill task. Wooden wedding rings can be a perfect option for those looking for a more warm and classic style, and earthy tones.
- The biggest advantage of wood rings is that they can narrate a story. Every wooden piece has a story to tell. They can tell your story as well by reflecting something poignant about your association with the outdoors or nature.
- You can recycle and repurpose many wooden rings, which include barn wood, rifle sticks, and whiskey barrels.
- With wooden rings, you’ve the leverage and bandwidth to transform your history and memories into something special, which you can wear every day. This is how you make the bands a great conversation starter.
- The biggest pitfall is that they aren’t immune to breakage or damage. Like very other wooden material, they are vulnerable to dents and chips.
However, you can easily repair most band damages. It’s rare to find a wooden product beyond repair.
Rustic can be gorgeous too
The rustic feel to a wooden wedding band and rings makes it very elegant and beautiful. They are also very durable. Out of the all the alternative options out there, wood rings are the most unique, especially the wedding bands in particular.
- With one wood inlay, you can make the entire product out of wood. Better yet, the wood inlay bands bring out the best of both spheres because you embed both tungsten and titanium in them.
- Wood and ceramic bands are a great example in this regard because these two materials blend automatically and seamlessly, creating a gorgeous jewelry.
- Across cultures, wood symbolizes natural growth and strength, something every loving and sincere couple would aspire to have.
- Wood is naturally the material to embody lasting relationships, strength, and love.
- That’s why, you can find countless wedding anniversaries featuring wood as a core element.
- It’d be naïve to consider wood is only masculine. You also have stunning wood wedding rings for the fairer sex. You can find an extensive collection at Meteorite Rings Co.
Regarding its longevity, the band’s durability depends on its finish and design. The protective coating must be reliable enough. It must have some varnish and you need to clean it regularly.
The best wood
Unarguably, hardwood is the best wood for wooden rings and bands. These are birch, hickory, ash, oak, maple, eucalyptus, sandalwood, aspen, apple-wood, dogwood, cherry, walnut, poplar, and elm.
- Each of these woods entail attractive grain designs. They also have special and unique meanings or symbolic significance, helping you choose the perfect one for your ring or band.
- There are some endangered woods that necessitate some precautionary measures from your side. If you want eco-friendly wood bands, you can opt for sandalwood, rosewood, mahogany, Madagascar ebony, Spanish cedar, and Brazil-wood.
If your ring comprises any of the above mentioned woods, do make sure that you collect it through natural and sustainable means.