In India ancient scriptures, Ashwagandha is known with different names like
- Hindi name – Ashwagandha
- English name- Winter cherry
- Scientific name – Withania somnifera Dunal
Your questions would be answered in this article “what is ksm 66 and it’s benefits? ”
There are many Ayurvedic Qualities of Ashwagandha like
- Rasa – bitter, astringent
- Virya or potency – hot
- Vipaka- sweet. (post digestive effect)
Ashwagandha effect on every dosha
- It aggravate the pitta and pacifies the vata- and kapha-
Ashwagandha plant and herb uses
- Root- it has anti- oxidant , anti diabetic and anti- depression properties and use to treat so many skin disorders , infertility and mental disorders
- Leaf- it has antioxidant and analgesic properties use to treat viral infection , common cold and flu
- Flower and seed- it has potent diuretic properties which is used to treat kidney diseases and kidney stones and it also improves fertility. KSM 66 Ashwagandha is the best variant of ashwagandha you can find in the market.
Ashwagandha for Therapeutic preparation-
- Ashwagandha rasayana
- Ashwagandha churna
- Ashwagandha avaleha
- Ashwagandha ghrita
Ashwagandha uses for the body
- It is use to reduce the inflammation
- It is use to increase the strength and for boosting up the immunity and stamina
- It also helps to improve brain functions
- It reduces the depression and anxiety
- It also helps to cure the diabetes
- It increase the fertility and libido
- It might have anti cancer properties.
- It’s root extract can be taken 250-300 mg twice daily after having food of 250 mg daily for 50 days.
Should you take Ashwagandha in the morning or at night?
Ashwagandha is chosen commonly by people these days in concern to regulate and enhance the proper functioning of the body . Ashwagandha can be taken at any time morning , evening , night , empty stomach or even after having food depending upon the particular concern of taking it and according to its types.
In some people it has been seen that if taken with an empty stomach sometimes itay lead to stomach upset , vomiting etc.
- Taking it in the morning.
Ashwagandha has numerous benefits but it doesn’t seen immediately , to notice the effects. Take it with a proper routine for at least a minimum 15 days.
Depending upon your personal preferences and particular concern of taking it like if you are taking it as a supplement and to boost immunity for your general health you can take it in the morning along with your other supplements in routine , but if you are feeling Dizziness or stomach upset do consult with doctor before taking next time.
- Taking it in the night.
In order to reduce the anxiety & depression and to promote the proper sleep patterns it is more preferable to take Ashwagandha at night
As it also depends upon the type of Ashwagandha and particular concern of having it along with personal preference.
For those who have stomach upset and vomiting after taking it empty stomach it is a good option to take it at night.
- Ashwagandha kshra is to be taken with ghee and jaggery
- Kalka of ashwagandha and powder of bibhitaki are mixed with
Jaggery and given with Luke- warm water.
- Powder of ashwagandha can be taken with sugar and ghee.
- Ashwagandha is given to treat abdominal issues.
- Decoction of ashwagandha will be a useful remedy.
- Ashwagandha oil can be use for massage
- Ashwagandha pacifies kapha and vata and it increases sperm count and
- It also provides strength and immunity to the body. It mainly acts upon five dhatus of the body: mansa , medh , aasthi , majja , shukra.