Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that was discovered in the 1960s but their origin is still unknown.
These types of viruses are generally not dangerous and can be treated effectively. In fact, most people get coronavirus once in their lifetime.
The coronavirus owes its name to the appearance it has, since it is very similar to a halo or corona. It is a virus present both in people and animals.
In recent years there have been 3 major epidemic outbreaks caused by coronaviruses:
- SARS, which started in China in November 2002, affected more than 8,000 people in 37 countries and caused more than 700 deaths.
- MERS was detected for the first time in Saudi Arabia, 2,400 cases were detected until last year in different countries with more than 800 deaths.
- The Covid-19 that is associated with the SARS-CoV-2 virus originated in the city of Wuhan, in China the last year.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared a pandemic because of the new coronavirus strain that increases the spread from person to person and increases the drip of new infected.
In Spain and other countries the state of alarm has been decreed and the health authorities insist on the need to stay home to contain the transmission.
As in other viruses that cause pneumonia, when they are transmitted in humans, the infection usually occurs through the respiratory route, through the respiratory droplets that people produce when they cough, sneeze, or speak.
In general, the main symptoms of coronavirus infections can be as follows. It will depend on the type of coronavirus and the severity of the infection:
Cough, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath, headache, chills and malaise, runny nose and runny nose.
Around the world, 1,312 are infected. 612 people, and a total of 72,713 deceased.
The United States is the country with the most confirmed cases, with a total of 346,327 and with 10,308 deaths. Spain follows with 135,032 infected and 13,169 deaths.
Italy is the country with the most confirmed deaths with a total of 16,523 and a total of 132,547 cases.
The coronavirus does not distinguish country of origin, trajectory or social class to select its fatalities.
Some celebrities he has taken are the Iranian politician Mohammad Mirmohammadi, he also took the famous country music singer-songwriter Jonh Price, among others.
In order to protect ourselves, we must pay attention to the health authorities, staying at home, washing our hands from time to time, wearing face masks, among others.
This pandemic has affected many of us through the economy, as it has worsened in many countries.
In my country, for example, the government tries to help but it is not enough.
Another way it affects us is in the daily routine, it made it change a lot and this can cause anxiety in some types of people.
Thanks to scientific advances and research I hope we can control this virus to return to our lives, but for now all we can do is comply with the quarantine and help the world by staying at home.
- Coronavirus: UK Health minister Nadine Dorries tests positive
- Washington state returns ventilators for use in New York
- Coronavirus: 5 false viral health prescriptions you should ignore
- Coronavirus deaths top 200 in US, half of states now reporting at least one death
- National Appeal: President Akufo-Addo calls on Ghanaians to fast with him and seek the face of God in Coronavirus fight