Ghana has finally gotten a drug that is effective to fight coronavirus.
Professor Abraham Kwabena Anang, the Director at the Noguchi Memorial Medical Institute has disclosed that the country is going to have a medicine that will be effective in the cure of Coronavirus.
According to him, he believes COA FS which is a locally manufactured drug and an immune booster will be the right drug.
He said that his outfit is undertaking certain clinical investigations and research to ascertain if the product can be exported out of Ghana.
He said, “so we are in the process of putting together the clinical results before we are able to say this medicine is good and can even be exported for HIV, Covid-19 or any viral disease”
“We want to make sure that COA FS is properly tested and assessed. We actually have a process ongoing with a comprehensive stakeholder approach with the Food and Drugs Authority, Centre for Plant Medicine and others,” he added.
He recommended the drug as a good immune booster that can be effective against Coronavirus, HIV or any other viral disease.
He emphasized, “For now the medicine is registered as an immune booster and as an immune booster, we know that for Covid-19 if you have a stronger immune system then there is a better chance of surviving.
“So if it is an effective immune booster then you can also assume that it can help in the fight but of course unless you use it, you can’t tell.”
OTHER INTERESTING NEWS:
- Coronavirus: It’s going to get worse before it gets better – Sammi Awuku predicts
- Sad News: Juventus Forward Paulo Dybala and Girlfriend Oriana Test Positive for Coronavirus
- Kenyan President Bans Sex For The Next 6 Months To Prevent Coronavirus Spread
- Political News: ‘Proof NHS at risk under US trade deal’ – Labour – BBC News
- Breaking News: 30-year-old journalist dies of coronavirus
- US Prescribe chloroquine to fight coronavirus – (WATCH VIDEO)
- Coronavirus cases in Ghana hit 9 – Akufo-Addo