The human body is fragile and constantly exposed to germs and diseases when we go about daily activities; this is why maintaining the immune system is imperative. Many people who have used essential oil attest to improving their health and well-being.
However, if you are new to its use, this article will teach you everything you need to know about immune-boosting essential oils and how to stay healthy.
Benefits of essential oil to the immune system
- It promotes appetite
- It helps with sleep and insomnia
- It aids the Digestion of food
- It kills bacteria, funguses, and viruses in the body and the environment it is used
- It helps Reduces inflammation
- It reduces headaches and migraine
Application of essential oil
Essential oils are a product of the plant’s essence; in other words, they are compounds from some plants such as lemon, lavender, cedar wood, peppermint, orange, bergamot, rosemary, etc. High-quality essence oils use only pure plant compounds extracted by cold pressing or distillation.
Our immune-boosting essential oil is a perfect blend of essential oil to give your body the best line of defense against diseases. It is used in Aromatherapy.
Immune-boosting essential oils perform optimally when it is inhaled into the body system. The oil is commonly used in a diffuser, a device that mixes distilled water with a few drops of essential oil.
It disperses the mixture into the room air—another way essential oil is sprayed on linen chairs, bedding materials, pendants, or other aromatherapy jewelry.
Towel over the head method
It is the most advised method because most of the oil is inhaled. It brings the fastest relief because the immune-boosting essential oil directly interacts with your skin and combines steam and oil can be easily inhaled and absorbed into your system.
We advise using a shallow bowl when using this method. There are four simple steps involved in this;
- Fill a bowl with warm to hot water, add the immune-boosting essential oil, and mix thoroughly.
- Suspend your head over the bowl of water mixture at a comfortable distance (not close enough that the steam burns your face).
- Put the towel over your head in a position that will trap most of the steam from the bowl.
- Inhale the steamy mixture for about 5 minutes. You can come up for air periodically.
Using an electric diffuser
A diffuser disperses tiny oil particles around the room in which it is operated. However, the oil-to-water ratio used by the diffuser will depend on its size and make, but it will be found in the manufacturer’s manual.
The downside to this method is that cold vapor is dispersed because it is used mainly in large spaces. Steam combines with the immune-boosting essential oil to give quick relief.
The diffuser, however, helps purify the air by killing the bacteria and viruses in the space used. The steps for using the diffuser are;
- Mix the essential oil thoroughly with water in the ratio given by the manufacturer of the diffuser
- Pour the mixture into the diffuser and switch it on.
- Enjoy your purified air.
Using a hand towel or tissue with essential oil
It is the cheapest and most effective immune booster essential oil method. All you need is a steamed hand towel and the essential oil. The technique is done in three simple steps;
- Add the essential oil to a small amount of water and mix thoroughly
- Deep the hand towel or tissue into the mixture
- Inhale for about 10 minutes
Adding the essential oil to your bathing water or shower
It is the top method if you are more interested in using the oil daily. The best part is it can be used in another way to get the maximum effectiveness of your immune-boosting essential oil.
It can also work well for a range of skin conditions like an ache, especially if you are treated hard-to-reach areas like your back.
It is straightforward; you must add the required amount (about 10 drops of oil) into your warm bath and inhale away.
The essential oils are very effective, as they contain a range of plants that contain potentially active compounds that are beneficial in building the immune system.
Now you know all about essential oil, we recommend getting a trusted manufacturer that makes pure oils without anything added. Avoid essential oils diluted with artificial fragrances, chemicals, or oils.
Additions of another chemical can result in an allergic reaction to the oils.