How well do you know Chester Turner? Chester Turner is a well-known American serial killer who was convicted of the murders of ten women in Los Angeles and the death of one of his victims’ unborn children. Please continue reading to learn more about him because this blog post holds all the information about him, including his wiki, bio, early life, age, crimes, trials, penalties, and more.
Chester Dewayne Turner, who goes by the name “Chester Turner,” is a well-known American serial killer. He was born on November 5, 1966, in Warren, Arkansas, USA, under the sign of the Scorpion. He is American and of black descent. He was raised by his mother alone after his parents separated.
He attended public schools in Los Angeles and dropped out of high school. After dropping out of school, he worked as a cook and a delivery person at Domino’s Pizza, where he lived with his mother before moving to Utah. After moving to Utah, he moved around to different missions and homeless shelters.
Between 1987 and 1998, 11 homicides in Los Angeles led to Turner’s conviction. Between Gage Avenue and 108th Street, on either side of Figueroa Street, was a corridor four blocks wide where the first nine killings took place.
Turner murdered the following people and murdered them in the following locations:
- Diane Johnson, age 21, was discovered strangled and half-naked in a work zone west of the Harbor Freeway in March 1987.
- Annette Ernest, 26, was found partially naked and suffocated on the side of a road in October 1987. Her mother, Mildred White, was pals with Jerri Johnson Tripplett; Anita Fishman Breier, 31, was murdered and left half-naked outside a garage in an alleyway off Figueroa Street in January 1989. “Upbeat, joyful” was how her nephew characterized her. In her battle with addiction, her sister Suzanne was trying to support her.
- Regina Nadine Washington, 27, was also found partially naked and killed in a garage off Figueroa Street in September 1989. Washington was six months pregnant. The death of the unborn child, known as “Baby Washington,” was blamed on the mother’s strangulation and was ruled a murder.
- Andrea Tripplett, 29, was found half naked and murdered behind a derelict building on Figueroa Street in April 1993. She was five and a half months pregnant, but at the time, California law did not view the fetus as viable; therefore, Turner got not prosecuted for killing it.
- In a backyard in May 1993, 29-year-old Desarae Ellemae Jones was discovered dead.
- Natalie Price, 31, was found dead and half-naked near an empty house in February 1995.
- Mildred Williams Beasley, 45 years old, was discovered half nude and strangled; she was abandoned among the bushes next to the 110 Freeway in November 1996.
- In February 1998, Paula Vance, 24, was discovered at the Olympia Tool company in Azusa dead. Vance was transient and afflicted with a mental disease.
- In April 1998, Brenda Bries, 39, was discovered strangled in a porta potty close to Little Tokyo. She got found about 50 yards from the motel where Turner was staying.
Between 1995 and 2002, Turner got imprisoned seven times: six times for nonviolent charges and once for allegedly assaulting a police officer and abusing an animal on April 9, 1997. In March 2002, Turner threatened to kill a 47-year-old woman if she reported him to the police while sexually abusing her for almost two hours. He was found guilty and given an eight-year term in a California state prison.
Additional Murder Convictions And Second Death Sentences
On June 19, 2014, Turner was found guilty of four additional homicides. Deborah Williams, who was 28, Cynthia Annette Johnson, who was 30, Elandra Joyce Bunn, who was 33, and Mary Edwards, who was 42, were the four people who died.
Hia Annette Johnson, 30; Elandra Joyce Bunn, 33; and Mary Edwards, 42. Authorities said that Turner got connected to the murders by DNA. On June 26, 2014, he was given yet another execution warrant for those killings.
On September 2, 2020, the California Supreme Court considered the case on an automatic appeal. The California Supreme Court overturned the murder charge against Turner for the unborn child on November 30, 2020. However, for the remaining 14 victims, the death penalty was upheld.
|Full Name||Chester Dewayne Turner|
|Nickname||The Southside Slayer|
|Age (as of 2023)||57 years old|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1966|
|Place of Birth||Warren, Arkansas, USA|
|Hometown||Warren, Arkansas, USA|
|Date Arrested||September 30, 2003|
|Number of Victims||15+|
Family Background, Parents, And More
There is currently no information about his family for now.
Chester attended public schools in Los Angeles and dropped out of high school. After dropping out of school, he worked as a cook and a delivery person at Domino’s Pizza.
Frequently Ask Questions
How old is Chester Turner?
Chester Turner is 57 years old as of 2023..
Where was Chester Turner born?
Warren, Arkansas, USA.
Is Chester Turner still alive?
Yes, but he is still in prison, waiting for his death penalty.
What was Chester Turner’s criminal penalty?
Two Death Penalty.
On which date was Chester Turner apprehended?
September 30, 2003.