A data comparison is the process of inspecting the structural differences between the source and target databases. For data comparisons, databases must meet the conditions of compatibility. If you’re having trouble deciding which comparison tool is the best, here’s a quick guide to help you make the best choice.
1. Devart dbForge Data Compare
dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server is a powerful comparison tool for SQL Server. It easily handles big data and it is based on native SQL Server backups, so it is an ideal solution for your big data needs.
SQL Data Compare is a comprehensive tool for comparing databases, quickly identifying data differences, analyzing the data, generating comparison reports, and synchronizing SQL Server data with the help of a wizard.
- Determine data disputes by comparing databases, script folders, or live databases
- Trial for 14 days for free
- Perform a T-SQL script on a database to automatically update its content with content from a second database
- Restore just a single damaged or missing data row to a backup statement
- Supervise copying input from development databases to the production or staging area
2. Red Gate SQL Data Compare
SQL Data Compare is the industry standard for comparing SQL Server database contents. You can work with live databases, backups, or SQL scripts in a versioning system, such as Git.
SQL Data Compare is an intuitive tool that makes it easy to compare and deploy changes to a database.
- Use a timestamp to save time manually synchronizing data.
- You can test the application for 14 days for free, but after that you may need to pay
- Write a script containing T-SQL code to update one database with the contents of the other database
- Know every prior database record and maintain a history
- Compare and blend information from within SQL Server Management Studio
3. SQL Delta for SQL Server
With SQL Delta, you can compare the contents of two databases easily. To select a source and a target, use the drop down menu, and then select both your source and target.
SQL Delta shows an overview of all the objects that are different or not in either the source or target. By using the schema view you can see the different variations of a product, making it easy to select the correct products for your marketing plan.
- Schema Mapping
- Categorizing, filtering, and searching refers to a comprehensive managerial task
- Filter Schema Load
- When the schema comparison tab is shown, simply click Script to generate the deployment script, then click Execute to apply the technique to the target
- SQL Delta allows you to create an HTML report of the schema comparing objects and creating contrasts between them
- Apply the script before deploying it
This tool compares the database structure. It shows what the structure looks like and it’s really easy to use.
The best database comparing tool is an excellent tool for any database team or DBA managing multiple databases with the same content. It has a simple and intuitive user interface.
It clearly shows the results of the different versions you have chosen. So you can immediately see the differences between them.
- Automate the database compare process
- Compare all object types in the main database or in pinpointing ones
- Free to use
- Advanced visual build tree interface for an intuitive visual representation of any differences in 2 versions
- Compare the content of multiple databases using all or selected object properties
- SQL syntax highlighting plug-in for built-in text differences control