If the fragrance and sparkle of a tidy house make you feel accomplished, then being a housekeeper could be the perfect job for you.
Housing housekeeping is a career that offers immediate gratification for a successful accomplishment and the satisfaction of providing a beautifully clean and healthy environment for your customers.
Do you continuously seek opportunities to go above and beyond to create a clean and tidy space? Then perhaps a housekeeping job could be perfect for you. Read this blog to find out more about housekeeper jobs.
Related: Construction Workers Job Opportunities – How to Apply
What Do You Do In Housekeeper Jobs
A housekeeper cleans the home by doing all the cleaning activities that make up a sparkling clean house. You may perform the following cleaning tasks while cleaning a home:
- Cleaning windows and dusting
- Dishwasher loading
- Removing trash
- Creating beds
You’ll be exposed to dirt, dust, animal dander, and other contaminants while working, so if you suffer from allergy symptoms or despise manual labor, this may not work for you. Housekeeper jobs necessitate a strong moral code and a genuine passion for helping others.
Why Are Housekeeper Jobs Good For You
That makes it one of the most reassuring and appealing aspects of working in the housekeeping industry—housekeeping work can be discovered almost everywhere.
Because people hire housekeepers all over the world, you aren’t limited to working in your current location. No matter where you are located, simply search for “housekeeper jobs near me” or visit several websites to find countless locations.
How To Find A Housekeeper Jobs
Becoming a housekeeper can be a wonderful job if you find the right client. You will have the internal satisfaction of helping others by cleaning up – while being paid for it!
Follow the tips and tricks outlined below to find your next job opportunity easily.
Social Media Update
Many people will conduct research on you utilizing social media. Remember that the information on your profile on social media will give people a first perception of you even before they meet you. Please make sure that they want to meet you after viewing your portfolio.
Pay Attention to Body Language
When you’ve arrived at an interview, remember you’re well prepared and at ease. Your facial expression will greatly impact your discussion, so pay attention to your body position, hand position, and facial gestures.
Prepare Your References
You already realize that families will request references, so ensure you have a few individuals who could attest to your abilities. For someone who is a previous client, friend, trainer, or instructor, ensure you’ve prepared them for a telephone conversation.
Do not get too caught up in communicating a particular message that you fail to respond to questions from potential clients. Maintain eye contact and wait for them to speak before you start talking.
Related: Using Bitcoin Wallets with Other Services
What Do You Need To Be a Good Housekeeper
It is not easy being a good housekeeper. If you are looking for vital things that are essential housekeeping and cleaning skills for your resume and career, then keep reading. Here’s what you need to have:
- You need to ensure the cleanliness and functionality of facility equipment.
- When unsatisfactory cleanliness is observed in your working areas, take corrective action, such as removing litter in public areas.
- Maintain the cleanliness of campus dorms, offices, classrooms, and restrooms; perform gardening work as needed.
- Weekly cleanliness of all the facilities that are handed over to you, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming.
- You should know deep cleaning of homes and businesses
- Using germicides and commercial cleaning agents, disinfected bathrooms, and kitchen
- Commercial-level cleaning of all the areas that are designated to you
- Know how to mop, sweep, dust, and vacuum the floors, bathrooms, and other areas of the house.
- Clean the restrooms, living room, and kitchen, in addition to the clothes and beds, as well as the walls and floors.
- Vacuuming, brushing, sweeping the floor, dusting, and cleaning kitchens and bathrooms at homes and businesses.
- Sweep and vacuum floors, dust, mop, fold laundry, make beds, and clean bathrooms and kitchens.
- Vacuum and dust mop the floors, furniture, and pictures.
- Dust the furniture, clean the windows, and sweep and mop the floors.
- Restock supplies, empty trash, vacuum, and mop floors.
- Clean houses, townhomes, apartment complexes, restrooms, and kitchens; remove the trash, suction, dust, and sweep the floors.
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors
- Office buildings and other businesses are to be cleaned.
- Sustain neat and clean office spaces, houses/apartments, and other commercial and institutional buildings.
- Cleaning office buildings and hotels on a daily and overnight basis.
- Commercial office buildings and private residences were cleaned.
- Making sure that the office equipment is clean and tidy
Patient Room Cleaning
- Patient rooms and waiting areas are to be cleaned by housekeeping.
- Trash collection, restroom mopping, cleaning and washing up all patient rooms, window cleaning, and hoovering are all part of the job.
- Conduct thoroughly and safely clean patient rooms, offices, and clinical areas.
- Patient rooms, as well as public places around the nurse’s station, are to be cleaned.
- Patient rooms and lobby areas were cleaned.
Guest Room Cleaning
- In accordance with the company standards, replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen and terry.
- Ensure excellent quality in assigned guest rooms and public areas.
- Guest rooms and public places were cleaned in accordance with property standards.
- The executive housekeeper services the guest rooms daily.
- Maintaining guest rooms has been proven to be a success.
Finding Good Housekeeper Jobs
We’ve covered the fundamentals of housekeeping and profile building for housekeeper jobs. It’s now time to look for work. Here are some resources to help you get a job cleaning.
Some are job boards, while others are professional cleaning services that frequently hire qualified cleaners. Managing through these will assist you in locating the best jobs in your area.
Numerous online job boards, including Flexjobs, Indeed, Monster, and Snagajob, have postings for house cleaners.
These web pages let you look for jobs by category, read the position description, established notifications for job vacancies in your area, and simply apply through the web pages.
Maid Service Companies
Residential house cleaner companies such as Molly Maid, Merry Maids, and others are constantly on the lookout for new team members who are dependable and efficient.
These companies offer thorough cleaning services in addition to conventional home cleaning and may provide extra benefits to new workers.
Thumbtack is a website where qualified professionals can publish their areas of expertise and bid on numerous positions, which include house cleaning.
Registering on the site allows you to review customer work assignments and offer a quotation for your offerings.
Thumbtack handles simple, secure online payment, meaning that all you need to do is do a wonderful job. Thumbtack and Thumbtack pro are the two versions of the website.
If you’re a local company owner or supplier, Thumbtack Pro is really for you. If you’re a gig-working person searching to offer your services, you should just use frequent Thumbtack.
Housekeeper.com is an excellent site for discovering cleaning work, designed exclusively for this purpose.
As of July 2019, their jobs posted site enumerated over 70,000 housekeeping jobs.
They have search results for both part-time and full-time live-in housekeepers.
Care.com is a site devoted to matching potential clients with caregivers, including home caregivers.
They allow you to create a profile with your background, price, and specialization.
Users can then get in touch with you to assign you work.
Users of Care.com can request a background check on prospective cleaners, which might also necessitate a valid driver’s license to complete according to the state.
Craigslist frequently has job postings for part-time or one-time work.
Individuals who want to move out of apartment buildings or who need a deep clean before such a big party can publish queries on the site and welcome cleaners to make an offer.
You can also post your services on Craigslist, which may be a wonderful means of attracting local customers.
Such job vacancies can range from doing minor home renovations to operating all over the neighborhood to securing a decent seat at a concert.
Numerous people demand cleaning solutions through TaskRabbit, so staying up to date on the platform to see what people require can assist you in land cleaning work.
It is simple to become a TaskRabbit worker, so if you have leisure time and thus are skillful at cleaning, this is a platform you should certainly investigate.
Related: Risks and Challenges of Using Payment Methods in Crypto Trading
The Final Say
If you seek comfort in cleaning or have the ability to make a house look great, you may be able to find a rewarding career as a cleaning expert. Housekeeper jobs are easy to find if you know how and where to look.