As much as we can argue that this is Lampard second season as a coach, and his first at Chelsea, after 35 games in the Premier League and a host of others in the Champions League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup respectively, we’re safe to say Lampard isn’t the best man to lead Chelsea forward.
Here are 7 reasons why he needs to be sacked before the beginning of next season.
1. Lampard is too inexperienced to lead an inexperienced side like Chelsea.
It’s just a matter of a blind leading a blind, they’ll keep perambulating in a single space and think they’re progressing. What Chelsea need is a coach who has been in the game for long? Who knows how to tweak formation to match any opponents’ tactics, someone like former Tottenham manager, Pochettino.
2. Lampard is a Confused man
Lampard, in his few months as Chelsea manager, has shown that he’s someone who gets confused when the going gets tough. He doesn’t know how and when to make key substitutions. He needs to go back to learn more about coaching before taking up big jobs.
3. Lampard is too soft to coach a team like Chelsea.
Remember when Andre Villa Boas was signed as Chelsea coach under players like Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Luiz, and the likes. How can he manage these sorts of players? He was later shown the exit door after a run of poor form. The same is happening now, Lampard is just another Andre Villa-Boas in the midst of Rudiger, Jorginho, Giroud and the likes.
4. He dwells on Favoritism instead of Quality.
Favoritism is in Lampard’s blood, and until when he decides to get rid of it, he can never make a better coach. There were times in the Premier League when Terry and Lampard were the only English players in the Blues line up and when they left, there was none in the first team. Perhaps, he has forgotten he’s a Chelsea coach and not England’s manager. He needs to be sacked as soon as possible before he turns the team into an England Team B.
5. Lampard doesn’t know how to defeat a team that sits deep.
He has no knowledge of how to exploit the opponent’s defense. He’s too clueless a coach for Chelsea.
6. He can’t attract World-class players.
Frank Lampard cannot attract world-class players, he’s a rookie coach who is yet to win his first medal. No world-class player would come and sign for Chelsea with Lampard still at the helm, what he’ll attract is average players who are still trying to find their feet.
- Confirmed team news, kick-off time and exclusive coverage from Anfield
- Cristiano Ronaldo Quarantined After Teammate Is Tested For Coronavirus
- Liverpool season a DISAPPOINTMENT after Champions League failure, says Jason Cundy
- Former Tottenham star Kieran Trippier reveals he would only make Premier League return to play for Burnley