Flag Bearer of the Opposition National Democratic Congress, John Dramani Mahama, says promise by the government to supply Ghanaians with free water for the next three months is a complete scam.
According to the former president, water does not flow through the taps as Ghanaians expected.
President Akufo-Addo in his fifth address to the nation on measures taken by his government to halt the spread of the virus, promised Ghanaians of free water flow for the next three months.
“Ghana Water Company Limited and the Electricity Company Limited of Ghana has been directed to provide a constant supply of water and power during this period. In addition, there will be no disconnection of power.”
“Furthermore the government will absorb water bills of Ghanaians for the next three months i.e April, May, June.”
Mr Mahama speaking at a function to donate some food items to over 20,000 people, he mentioned that though, the President has promised Ghanaians of constant flow of water, the promise has not been fulfilled.
“Even though water tariffs have been absorbed for the next three months, there have been loud complaints of interruptions in the supply of treated water through pipes and / or water tankers”. He said.
He further called on government to fulfill her promised made to Ghanaians to make water available to people for effective washing of the hands.
- Mahama can’t help you – Akufo-Addo tells Ghanaians
- More than 1,000 in US die in a single day from coronavirus
- See Freebies & Discounts At 7-11 & More
- COVID-19 team buying cars instead of PPEs for frontline health workers
- Latest News in Africa: New evidence ‘implicates Zwane, Magashule’ in Gupta/Free State deals
- COVID-19: Hot meals costing GH₵2m per day – NADMO reveals
- Coronavirus: Singapore quarantines 20,000 migrant workers